Berlingo Forum

Full Version: How do I say thanks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've seen numbers for how many thanks a member's had for their posts. How do I say a thanks that'll register?

M x
Hi Mary!

You got a button to do that just bellow the post you want to thank!

Check the attached picture Wink
I don't get the "thanks" button until I logout
Technically you can't "thank" yourself on your posts.. As soon as you logout, your nickname is just another user..
It's probably a good thing people can't thank themselves! Facebook is bad enough allowing people to "Like" their own posts.
On other forums, when logged in you only get the option to 'thank' other user's posts, not your own

Obviously this is not a feature of this forum
(27-05-2014, 04:37 PM)ntm1275 Wrote: [ -> ]On other forums, when logged in you only get the option to 'thank' other user's posts, not your own

Obviously this is not a feature of this forum
It is a feature of the forum. You can only thank other peoples posts,
Hi Mike

When I'm logged in to the forum with my Username and Password, I never get a 'thanks' button, I have to logout and then the 'thanks' button appears

So yes, it is a feature, but only when logged out - that's what I meant to say

Logged In

[Image: 2u8dz68.jpg]

Logged Out

[Image: wbp9vp.jpg]

Could this be a browser issue - I'm using Chrome v34

UPDATE
Just tried it to thank Mike for his post
I logged out and got the "Thank You" button, clicked it and it immediately takes me to a page to login, which I did, then the "Thank You" button disappears and I'm back to square one having to logout to see the buton, but no "thank you" is recorded
Well thank you all Big Grin

I don't get the thank you button on anyone's posts... so I'll have to try logging out... how odd.

I wasn't trying to thank myself! "Just who do you think I am?" (in an American gangster kind of voice). I just like folk who help to know they did.

M x
In case NTM is right and it's a browser issue.....
I'm using Firefox, and I'm getting all the buttons while logged in:

[Image: 2jbu14w.jpg]

I also use NoScript, and I get the buttons whether or not it's active (it can be pretty fierce and hold up interactivity!)
Pages: 1 2 3