Berlingo Forum
EGS6 automatic gearbox - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: B9 Second Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: EGS6 automatic gearbox (/thread-10131.html)

EGS6 automatic gearbox - Mankie - 02-07-2014

Hi, anyone had any experience of this? I've had quite a few automatics including Nissan's NCVT and all were better than this Citroen system. It seems ok in traffic but it has trouble when maneuvering on rough ground, getting stuck in holes, pulling out from a side road is ok if there is plenty of room for a slow exit but try to hurry it and it seems to bog down for a second then leap forward with wheel spin. Also up changes from 1 - 2 and 2 - 3 gives me a forward lurch even though I'm holding the wheel, worse for passengers. Or is it a case of 'they all do that'? (2013 XTR with 13k done so far)

RE: EGS6 automatic gearbox - taxi - 02-07-2014

Used one as taxi for 30 months, best to change down to first using paddles in certain circumstances...I got ecu update which seemed to help gearbox/clutch....although it seems weak when reversing up steep inclines.

RE: EGS6 automatic gearbox - Jed Clampit - 02-07-2014

The auto box isn't the best and can be lumpy / lurch Sad look on the net find some wright up on the box

RE: EGS6 automatic gearbox - rnamman - 03-07-2014

"pulling out from a side road is ok if there is plenty of room for a slow exit but try to hurry it and it seems to bog down for a second"

Yes, I've found this too. Having done just over 1K miles now, I think I've got the hang of the dashboard-dial gear change system and was about to try the paddles, as Taxi suggested. Taking your foot off the gas just as it's ready to change up does give a smoother change. I do miss the fast getaway that my Kangoo could deliver, especially coming out of side roads where visibility is restricted.

RE: EGS6 automatic gearbox - Mankie - 03-07-2014

(03-07-2014, 11:43 AM)rnamman Wrote:  "pulling out from a side road is ok if there is plenty of room for a slow exit but try to hurry it and it seems to bog down for a second"

Yes, I've found this too. Having done just over 1K miles now, I think I've got the hang of the dashboard-dial gear change system and was about to try the paddles, as Taxi suggested. Taking your foot off the gas just as it's ready to change up does give a smoother change. I do miss the fast getaway that my Kangoo could deliver, especially coming out of side roads where visibility is restricted.

Thanks, others' experiences was what I was looking for. I've done about 1200 miles now and have tried the paddles for the first two changes, it does help a with a right foot lift, still groping for a gear lever though for forward/reverse changes :brickwall: Something I have just discovered, pulling out from a side road, keep the wheels straight ahead for the initial pull away and turn the wheel more at the last moment - seems to stop some of the hesitation. Confusedunny:

RE: EGS6 automatic gearbox - taxi - 03-07-2014

Think the hill assist mixes things up too.