Berlingo Forum
57 plate 16 hdi - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: 57 plate 16 hdi (/thread-10277.html)

57 plate 16 hdi - rocketronnie - 21-07-2014

My mate has plugged laptop on to van and it's saying fuel pressure below limit ???? Replaced fuel rail pressure sensor but still being a pig to start ??? Had to spray easy start in air filter to start it up ???

Sent from my iPhone

RE: 57 plate 16 hdi - Lighty - 21-07-2014

First off I would change the fuel filter, but most likely you need to do a leak off test on the injectors, as 1 or more will be bypassing too much fuel. Do a search on YouTube for details of a leak off test.

RE: 57 plate 16 hdi - homeruk - 22-07-2014

Agree with lighty about the fuel filter.

Don't forget when you have changed it to prime the fuel line.

Have you tried priming the fuel line by using the hand grenade and then trying to start it?

57 plate 16 hdi - rocketronnie - 22-07-2014

Did try the pump but no good, starts with easy start, then it's ok to turn off and on again

Sent from my iPhone

RE: 57 plate 16 hdi - homeruk - 22-07-2014

Looks like its a fuel filter change then , that's a nice quick job and it never hurts to do it anyway

RE: 57 plate 16 hdi - dumdum - 22-07-2014

Try the fuel filter, but I highly doubt it, more likely a leaky injector not allowing pressure to be built in the rail, or a dubious fuel pressure regulator, but the easy way to find out is watch requested and actual fuel pressure on lexia, I'd guess it'll be very different

Don't think this is your fault at all but for others reading this there is a common place for pin holes in the fuel pipe work under the air filter housing, we've done 6 or seven sets of these pipes on a variety of models with the 1.6hdi engine in, it's where they run along the back of the rocker cover along side the wiring loom, they run towards the fuel filter... This allows air to get in but generally they still start when primed, but it can take a while...

RE: 57 plate 16 hdi - reedx - 23-07-2014

(22-07-2014, 05:51 PM)dumdum Wrote:  Don't think this is your fault at all but for others reading this there is a common place for pin holes in the fuel pipe work under the air filter housing, we've done 6 or seven sets of these pipes on a variety of models with the 1.6hdi engine in, it's where they run along the back of the rocker cover along side the wiring loom, they run towards the fuel filter... This allows air to get in but generally they still start when primed, but it can take a while...

I can't help with the OP's issue, but thanks dumdum as I think you've just described the problem I'm currently having with my 58 plate MK3 XTR90.

It used to happen very rarely, but now after sitting over night it starts straight away but then stalls after a few seconds ticking over. It will start again after turning over for about 10 seconds or so, after which it runs fine.

Your post reminded me that I had a similar problem with a Land Rover that had a small hole in a fuel line, letting air in, which allowed the fuel to drain back into the tank overnight.

Is it easy to see if the fuel pipe has this problem (wetness?). Any idea on the cost of the replacement parts and difficulty fitting?

Colin

57 plate 16 hdi - rocketronnie - 23-07-2014

Right we have watch and carried out an injector leek test, all seems good, it start all the time now ?? My mate is coming round to put on laptop again as the engine light is on again, I will put up later what fault it tells us

Sent from my iPhone

57 plate 16 hdi - ronnie a - 26-07-2014

We'll we changed the fuel filter and all seem good now Smile)) thanks all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk