Berlingo Forum
Maximum Range - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: B9 Second Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Maximum Range (/thread-10878.html)

Maximum Range - daviddb - 02-12-2014

[Image: 15746886679]
Evening all.

Filled up to the briming brim this morning  with some €1.18 diesel ( call it  93 pence a litre) - got back on the autoroute to find this rather fine estimate of available range in miles mind.. A record to date. Any takers for more.

Car is 110 xtr on a ten plate and very lightly laden. I accept that the speedo over-reads by 3 or 4 mph and no doubt the fuel consumption computer is a silver tongued devil  but still....

[attachment=1904]

RE: Maximum Range - daviddb - 02-12-2014

(02-12-2014, 09:52 PM)daviddb Wrote:  [Image: 15746886679]
Evening all.

Oh Cock! Why is the image so small. Still if you click on it, as the bishop said to the actress.

toodlepip!

RE: Maximum Range - scuderia_wilby - 02-12-2014

There's not many times you would be happy after filling up but this is one!

RE: Maximum Range - Jed Clampit - 02-12-2014

WOW that's is good let us know how many mile's you get to before she run's out smile

RE: Maximum Range - daviddb - 02-12-2014

Careful what you wish for - it's a cold cold night to be walking back from where it ran out!! When I refilled I was too preoccupied with something else and didn't note the mileage but the mpg thingie was showing dead on 60mpg over 700 odd miles.

RE: Maximum Range - Mike - 03-12-2014

Don't think I've ever had my mile range that high, do find it is surprisingly accurate though.

RE: Maximum Range - daviddb - 03-12-2014

That's the next challenge then (assuming I've won this one!) - how low do you dare go, actually now I think about it once you get below fifty miles the range figure just drops out and shows blanks whereupon I had about another ten miles to go.

Always an agonising situation to be in, in the '67 DS I most often had a spare can which I only needed once - but I do remember once drifting across the Hoover Dam in some damn gert Cadillac trying to get to the filling station at Boulder on fumes.

Anyway I see from the chit that when I refilled it took exactly €50 at €1.17 a litre to brim the tank again and the computer was showing 60mpg. Probably a school boy exam question in sums to work out from that how many miles (a)the car claimed to have covered, and (b) how many miles were left in the tank assuming constant consumption.

Then apply a correction factor given that an indicated 90kmh the nitnav shows 86/87kph and an 'x' factor correction for the manufacturers optimistic figures displayed on the read out. I think that must be why the digits drop out at 50 miles left cos really they've understated consumption and there are only 18 left. Yikes!

Anyway the lateness of the hour and and attack of the thicknesses mean I'm blessed if I can work it out.

yrs ever

David

RE: Maximum Range - gallego1968 - 04-12-2014

When i filled mine up it never goes above 534 miles but i doubt i get that.