Berlingo Forum
using new vegtable oil - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: M49 Berlingo (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: using new vegtable oil (/thread-1189.html)

Pages: 1 2

using new vegtable oil - sniper - 14-08-2011

hi, is it possible to use new vegtable oil to run my 99 berlingo van 1.9d dw8 or would it do the fuel pump no favours.?.. thanks.

RE: using new vegtable oil - pk7478 - 14-08-2011

It is possible to use diesel fuel in your engine!

RE: using new vegtable oil - andy-womble - 14-08-2011

Looking around at the prices for new vegetable oil, it hardly seems economically viable to use it in preference to diesel and to also risk damage to fuel injection components

RE: using new vegtable oil - Row - 14-08-2011

If you have a bosch pump then you should be o.k.....I have ran veg oil mixed with alttle kerosene to make it less viscous on my 96 406 and it ran fine...:-)
Change the diesel filter often and remember the veg oil tends to soften the rubbers seals on the fuel line/ filter seals etc.
Ron.

RE: using new vegtable oil - sniper - 15-08-2011

thanks for replies, its just that i seen in tescos yesterday they have some half price deals on there 5 litre vegtable oil containers.. suppose its not really worth the risk then.. thanks.

RE: using new vegtable oil - colinh - 16-08-2011

I think its more possible with an old Landy or WHY with a slow revving Perkins type diesel.

The modern high speed engines with tight tolerances are much more fragile.

Much better find yourself a source of red diesel !!

RE: using new vegtable oil - Coco - 24-08-2011

I used to run my XUD Xantia on new veg oil without any problems, but it was only for two years. Long term it may cause problems.

RE: using new vegtable oil - El-Robb - 25-08-2011

I used to run kero for off roading, for every 5 gallon I'd add 2 litres of mineral engine oil.
No smoke or probs at all and kero was cheap at the time.
Its got a nippy smell about it when the motor is stationary.

I alway considered running a 50/50 mix of mega filtered cooking oil with cherry or 50 kero with the mineral oil and 50 cooking oil.

RE: using new vegtable oil - ron - 25-08-2011

(16-08-2011, 06:54 AM)colinh Wrote:  I think its more possible with an old Landy or WHY with a slow revving Perkins type diesel.

Using red diesel is illegal & can lead to heavy fines & confiscation of vehicle.Rolleyes

RE: using new vegtable oil - Mike - 25-08-2011

(25-08-2011, 07:56 PM)ron Wrote:  
(16-08-2011, 06:54 AM)colinh Wrote:  I think its more possible with an old Landy or WHY with a slow revving Perkins type diesel.

Using red diesel is illegal & can lead to heavy fines & confiscation of vehicle.Rolleyes

Red diesel can still be detected even after it has been used in a vehicle as well.