Berlingo Forum
Latest model multispace rear seats and steering .... - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: B9 Second Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Latest model multispace rear seats and steering .... (/thread-12921.html)

Latest model multispace rear seats and steering .... - Grunt The Courier - 09-01-2016

Morning all

I'm starting to get serious about buying a new Multispace for use as family car and back-up courier vehicle.

I've had a sit in one at a dealer and thought it a very pleasant place to be. Trouble is that it was an XTR, which is much more posh than I want (alloy 16" wheels ....why?) and had the 3 seperate rear seats.

Today's first question is ...... does the lower spec 60/40 split rear seat lift out as easily (apart from being bigger and heavier) as the 3 seats in the one I inspected?

And .... has anyone had the "pulling to the left" problem on one of the latest (Blue HDI) derivatives?

Ta

ps Happy New Year.

RE: Latest model multispace rear seats and steering .... - manuk - 09-01-2016

(09-01-2016, 09:15 AM)Grunt The Courier Wrote:  

Morning all

I'm starting to get serious about buying a new Multispace for use as family car and back-up courier vehicle.

I've had a sit in one at a dealer and thought it a very pleasant place to be. Trouble is that it was an XTR, which is much more posh than I want (alloy 16" wheels ....why?) and had the 3 seperate rear seats.

Today's first question is ...... does the lower spec 60/40 split rear seat lift out as easily (apart from being bigger and heavier) as the 3 seats in the one I inspected?

And .... has anyone had the "pulling to the left" problem on one of the latest (Blue HDI) derivatives?

Ta

ps Happy New Year.

Hi

Happy new year to you too

re does the lower spec 60/40 split rear seat lift out as easily (apart from being bigger and heavier) as the 3 seats in the one I inspected?

I Have a 2010 VTR with the split 60-40 both seat can be removed by one person in about 5min good thing being either or both can be removed.........

best and most versatile car....... given you will be doing quite a bit of miles as a courier may be worth your while have to considere a good condition low milage car instead? stating this as XTR is just too good to be used as a courier and the residual value would also be impacted. 

Just an opinion .... I am sure someone else can address the pulling to the left

HTH

RE: Latest model multispace rear seats and steering .... - rnamman - 09-01-2016

(09-01-2016, 04:58 PM)manuk Wrote:  
(09-01-2016, 09:15 AM)Grunt The Courier Wrote:  

Morning all

Ta

ps Happy New Year.

Hi

Happy new year to you too

re does the lower spec 60/40 split rear seat lift out as easily (apart from being bigger and heavier) as the 3 seats in the one I inspected?

I Have a 2010 VTR with the split 60-40 both seat can be removed by one person in about 5min good thing being either or both can be removed.........

best and most versatile car....... given you will be doing quite a bit of miles as a courier may be worth your while have to considere a good condition low milage car instead? stating this as XTR is just too good to be used as a courier and the residual value would also be impacted. 

Just an opinion .... I am sure someone else can address the pulling to the left

HTH

Hi

I bought a new VTR in  2014 which was my choice against the XTR.

I didn't want alloys, or 3 separate seats, or darkened windows. And I particularly didn't like the weird extra window in the tailgate which looked likely to attract thieves or end up leaking. 

The seats in the VTR come out very easily anyway.

I did get air-con and rear parking sensors and I'm still very pleased with it after 12K miles. And I'd go for the Airdream 90 auto diesel engine which has plenty of pulling power and is very frugal giving around 59 - 60 mpg.

Good luck whatever you decide to get.

RE: Latest model multispace rear seats and steering .... - philip - 09-01-2016

I had a 2010 XTR 90BHP for 3 years as a taxi. Problems I had was front rattle from the suspension and NO pulling to the left it seems to be hit or miss with that problem. The reason I bought the XTR was because I liked the looks better than other models it had raised suspension and A/C maybe something you could do with if you drive a lot of miles, keeps you cool in the summer and windows clear in the winter.

RE: Latest model multispace rear seats and steering .... - Grunt The Courier - 10-01-2016

Thanks chaps .... the usual prompt and helpful response.

The current line-up gives a choice of Feel and XTR, the latter with a choice of Look or All Road packs.

As far as I can work out the 3 rear seat set up is only available on the XTR, hence the question about removing the 60/40 seats.

As I really don't want 16" allloys, which are compulsory on the XTR, I'm effectively limited to the Feel spec. Luckilly air con and cruise/speed limit are now standard on Feel.

In fact I don't think any of the added value on the XTR is of any interest to me, really. I would prefer not to have the touch screen anyway .... quite apart from reliability issues I think it a bad idea to actually have to look what you're doing with stuff like audio controls.

So it looks like my best option is Feel with tinted rear glass and parking sensors/heated mirrors as the only extras (although standard on the XTR) ...... as far as I can tell the fold-flat front passenger seat is no longer fitted, which is a shame. I think I can do without the opening tailgate glass even if I find it a useful feature of my current 206SW, a very useful little car by the way.

The only other question that springs to mind at the moment is whether to shell out the extra for the Stop & Start? It does drop the car down a VED band and improves the city mpg a tad but as most of my anticipated mileage will be inter city or rural Europe I guess it's pretty irrelevent (spelling?).

As far as new versus low mileage used  ..... I hope to need to enter quite a few European cities, not to speak of London once the ULEZ is rolled out in 2020, over the next few years and Euro6 compliance is of the essence. So new it is ...... plus I've not had a new vehicle since my old Clio van, a very long time ago.

RE: Latest model multispace rear seats and steering .... - philip - 10-01-2016

(10-01-2016, 11:10 AM)Grunt The Courier Wrote:  Thanks chaps .... the usual prompt and helpful response.

The current line-up gives a choice of Feel and XTR, the latter with a choice of Look or All Road packs.

As far as I can work out the 3 rear seat set up is only available on the XTR, hence the question about removing the 60/40 seats.

As I really don't want 16" allloys, which are compulsory on the XTR, I'm effectively limited to the Feel spec. Luckilly air con and cruise/speed limit are now standard on Feel.

In fact I don't think any of the added value on the XTR is of any interest to me, really. I would prefer not to have the touch screen anyway .... quite apart from reliability issues I think it a bad idea to actually have to look what you're doing with stuff like audio controls.

So it looks like my best option is Feel with tinted rear glass and parking sensors/heated mirrors as the only extras (although standard on the XTR) ...... as far as I can tell the fold-flat front passenger seat is no longer fitted, which is a shame. I think I can do without the opening tailgate glass even if I find it a useful feature of my current 206SW, a very useful little car by the way.

The only other question that springs to mind at the moment is whether to shell out the extra for the Stop & Start? It does drop the car down a VED band and improves the city mpg a tad but as most of my anticipated mileage will be inter city or rural Europe I guess it's pretty irrelevent (spelling?).

As far as new versus low mileage used  ..... I hope to need to enter quite a few European cities, not to speak of London once the ULEZ is rolled out in 2020, over the next few years and Euro6 compliance is of the essence. So new it is ...... plus I've not had a new vehicle since my old Clio van, a very long time ago.

You would need to work out how much extra the Stop/Start costs and how much fuel you will save with it as well as cheaper road tax. Sorry to tell you this, it doesn't improve your city MPG, it only saves you fuel when your standing still, motor companies always sell Start/Stop like this is, its misleading. 

RE: Latest model multispace rear seats and steering .... - Dengieken - 11-01-2016

I brought a 65 plate feel edition blue hdi egs last October. I also didn't want alloy wheels!
The rear seats lift out very easily & I have no pulling to the left! I have stop start, air con. reversing  sensors & folding mirrors. I brought the car pre registered so I don't know if the features are standard feel edition or extra packs. I find the Citroen specs. very confusing! On motorway runs cruising at 70 I'm getting about 50MPG but I expect that to improve as the miles mount & summer arrives. I have noticed that Tesco are selling Redex branded Adblue at £10 for 1.5 litres!!! An absolute rip off. I've seen it for less than £20 for 20 litres delivered. If you buy in bulk or from a truck pump it's much cheaper than that. Rant over......