Berlingo Forum
MOT Passed! - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: MOT Passed! (/thread-14020.html)

Pages: 1 2

MOT Passed! - minisandfords - 04-08-2016

Car passed it's MOT today after a month off the road- failed first time round and it took me longer than expected to get work done- front discs/pads easy once I'd got the knackered torx bolts out, but rear brake pipe was a pain. Unions rounded off everywhere so ended up replacing pipe to slave cylinder, flexi pipe and pipe to load compensator, which had snapped spring and was seized so freed that off too!

I got garage to do front wheel bearing as think you need a press to do that.

Anyway, a year's motoring for less than £200 can't be bad! Plus the Bloke at the garage said I'd done a good job with the brake pipe haha! I nearly asked for a "well done" sticker haha!

RE: MOT Passed! - ffrenchie - 18-10-2016

MOT time again for me, dropped it off yesterday and picked it up a couple of hours later expecting to have something to do for the rest of the day but it passed. Just one advisory about the rusty exhaust, I might cut the end square or stick a pipe on it but not that bothered really. Happy day.

RE: MOT Passed! - Johny555 - 18-10-2016

Mine past today straight through, 06 van,great,

RE: MOT Passed! - minisandfords - 18-10-2016

No I wasn't sure about a "good" way either! Think he meant I'd routed it right, as it failed on the pipe rubbing the suspension arm. Brakes were dead easy- bleeding the system can be a pain but luckily the cap on my Easibleed kit fitted the master cylinder so that made it simple. Who'd have thought a Berlingo had the same size master cylinder cap as a classic Mini?

Good feeling when you know it's got straight through though, isn't it?

RE: MOT Passed! - ffrenchie - 17-10-2018

MOT yesterday, passed with an advisory of slight play in inner track rod end. I might have to invest in a tool to do that job, any excuse.

RE: MOT Passed! - ffrenchie - 27-10-2020

Here we are again, had to do the front wishbones for the test this year. A couple of advisories to look at when the weather picks up Shy

RE: MOT Passed! - cancunia - 28-10-2020

(27-10-2020, 08:04 PM)ffrenchie Wrote:  Here we are again, had to do the front wishbones for the test this year. A couple of advisories to look at when the weather picks up Shy

How many miles ?

RE: MOT Passed! - Mrwilson - 28-10-2020

Proper attitude to advisories, I thought it was just me.
I put my 7 1/2 ton motor home in for a test at VOSA a few years ago and the tester passed it with advisories on the battery tray and front brake pads. I told him I was off home to get that sorted out and he said "It's only advisories, you don't have to do them now".
Not much point in ignoring things that have been pointed out as needing attention, amazed at how many vehicles get the same notes year after year.

RE: MOT Passed! - Gryffindor - 28-10-2020

(28-10-2020, 02:47 PM)Mrwilson Wrote:  amazed at how many vehicles get the same notes year after year.

Just as amazed when every one of them suddenly disappears, in a test done on the same day as the most recent test with them all in!

RE: MOT Passed! - Mrwilson - 28-10-2020

I know for a fact that certain National chain testing stations have "quotas" to fill with regards to fails and jobs done to rectify them. That really boils my piss as my grannie used to say. ( She didn't really, sorry Gran)
The subjective advisories are annoying when you're up against a jobsworth who's just looking for faults. A different testing station can have totally different opinions.
I did mot testing for motorbikes many years ago and we were told by trainers that if you're in any doubt about an issue then it's a pass. Any fail item should be clearly wrong, broken or missing.
And don't get me started about putting the car in for any jobs needed first then testing it. They invariably test it, fail it then repair it.
All that said, I just replaced all the brake pads and a rear caliper on my B9 and it was so simple to work on that I'm looking forward to doing what it needs when the time comes.