Berlingo Forum
air in diesel - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: M59 Berlingo (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: air in diesel (/thread-2097.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

air in diesel - Daivanman - 14-01-2012

I own a 2.0hdi which has recently got quite slugish and lumpy, noticed today that there is air in the fuel line running to the pump, checked hose connections to filter housing, even ptfe tapes the locking points, then i noticed that on primeing the hand pump air is also seen in the pre filter pipe!! any ideas would be very grateful?

RE: air in diesel - andy-womble - 14-01-2012

Daivanman, please read previous threads/topics about starting issues etc. Think I am also beginning to experience similar issue and have noticed the clear pipe from the fuel filter to the injector pump looks moist. My thinking is that when the engine is running air may be getting drawn into this pipe at the joint and dribble slightly when engine off. I explained elsewhere that I wiggled the pipes and squeezed the bulb until it felt solid and it started first crack. Things are reverting back slightly after a couple of days so I am going to change the piece of pipe when I gert around to it. I am told that the fuel pipin is cheap as chips and this is a common issue...

RE: air in diesel - muply - 15-01-2012

Yep mine seems to have the same fault as above and when the fuel tank hits reserve it just dont like it and splutters loads

RE: air in diesel - Daivanman - 15-01-2012

ive got a feeling that there is a tiny air leak on the primer bulb!! this setup of connecting fuel pipes is shite tho, much prefered the older fuel and syphon pipes with clips to tighten. Am considering changing them to the other way, anyone done this? also does anyone know where the pipes are avaliable to buy rather than the main dealer?

RE: air in diesel - adam3rdcanvey - 15-01-2012

available on ebay... but I would phone dealer for a quote... sometimes the prices for parts are competitive.

RE: air in diesel - Daivanman - 15-01-2012

took the filter housing off, checked rubbers and seals, only thing i hqave probs with is tightening the top up by taping a screwdriver to turn it!!! still air getting in, and especially when squeezing primer!!! this is doing my nut!!

RE: air in diesel - Coco - 15-01-2012

Pipe from the "grenade" to the filter is part no. 1579FG List price £16.55 inc VAT

RE: air in diesel - Daivanman - 16-01-2012

Just managed to get one for 20 quid delivered, just hope that cures my fault! wondering if anyone can tell me where the diesel cooling rack is situated?

RE: air in diesel - Coco - 16-01-2012

In simple terms, under the driver's seat !

Get underneath and you should see what you might describe as looking like a cookers grill element- that's it.

RE: air in diesel - Daivanman - 16-01-2012

from the diagram shown on service box these connectors are used all thru the fuel system!!!
am i right in thinking that the fuel system has a valve built into it to remove air?