Berlingo Forum
Heater matrix - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: M59 Berlingo (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: Heater matrix (/thread-359.html)

Pages: 1 2

Heater matrix - coxy - 01-03-2011

Since having the van there has always been a smell inside when warm we have now tracked this down to a leaking heater matrix. I have a new matrix but we are struggling with the dash removal its all off apart from some fixings we cant seem to find up at the top by the windscreen, I hope someone on here knows how to undo it as we dont want to damage things by pulling to hard. I have introduced myself in the appropriate place. Thanks in advance for any replies

Gray

57 plate 1.6HDI panel van

RE: Heater matrix - Andre - 01-03-2011

This section is for How To guides, rather than How do i....?

Back on point Tongue

Here is a sort of assembly guide of the dash itself. Our user PK has some excellent guides to, so hopefully he will pop along.

[attachment=56]

I might not have understood which bit you are trying to remove properly, so please let me know, there are more specific diagrams that can be given to you!

RE: Heater matrix - coxy - 01-03-2011

Thanks sorry for posting in the wrong place

RE: Heater matrix - jimbo - 01-03-2011

is it leaking very much ?

RE: Heater matrix - coxy - 02-03-2011

Not to bad but its getting worse we might as well battle on now as the dash is almost out and we have a new matrix here ready to go on

RE: Heater matrix - coxy - 02-03-2011

Ok this job is done now and what a job it is besides removing all the usual stuff in the van you have to remove the wiper arms black trim under the windscreen and then you will find the last bolts that hold the dash to the bulkhead but you will have to remove part of the wiper mechanism to get to one of the bolts. If any one says you can change the matrix from underneath or by pulling the dash away is wrong because when the dash is out you still have to remove the heater assy as well good luck if you attempt this

Gray

RE: Heater matrix - jimbo - 02-03-2011

I was afraid you might say that, my heater must be leaking or weeping there is no water loss but you get the tell tale smell with the heater on ,just out of interest was it the matrix or one of the connections ? I think I will leave well alone until the carpet starts getting wet ! .Glad you got it done Gary and thanks for the info on the hidden bolts.

Jamie

RE: Heater matrix - coxy - 04-03-2011

No definately the matrix to be honest its all it can be as the connections are the other engine side of the bulkhead unless the plastic pipes are broken. Its a cheap job to do you can get a spanking new matrix for £18 on fleabay

Gray

RE: Heater matrix - Smoothmachines - 27-08-2011

How qualified is the whole replacement job?
I just got a car i bought for the engine but the only fault is the heat matrix leaking.
Either i echange the motor in my Family 1998 with sunroof or i buy a brand new matrix for the new car, me guessing matrix exchange is easier.
Thanks for hints!
Bruno

RE: Heater matrix - daniele - 13-10-2012

(01-03-2011, 03:02 PM)coxy Wrote:  Since having the van there has always been a smell inside when warm we have now tracked this down to a leaking heater matrix. I have a new matrix but we are struggling with the dash removal its all off apart from some fixings we cant seem to find up at the top by the windscreen, I hope someone on here knows how to undo it as we dont want to damage things by pulling to hard. I have introduced myself in the appropriate place. Thanks in advance for any replies

Gray

57 plate 1.6HDI panel van

thanks for your help have same job to look foreard to