Berlingo Forum
Piece of Rubber - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Classifieds (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Parts For Sale (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Piece of Rubber (/thread-4763.html)

Piece of Rubber - pitpan - 02-02-2013

Hi all,
I'm looking for the rubber flap that is on the driver side of the windscreen cover. It is a slide on slide off piece of rubber that is supposed to protect the engine from rain, snow slush ect ect not that we get a lot of snow in Sydney but we do get some amazing storms.

RE: Piece of Rubber - evdama - 02-02-2013

What's a windscreen cover?

RE: Piece of Rubber - pitpan - 02-02-2013

(02-02-2013, 08:30 AM)evdama Wrote:  What's a windscreen cover?

It's the plastic at the bottom of the windscreen, 2 pieces L & R that the wiper motor splines go through, not sure of its proper name.

RE: Piece of Rubber - steve valentine - 02-02-2013

(02-02-2013, 08:37 AM)pitpan Wrote:  

It's the plastic at the bottom of the windscreen, 2 pieces L & R that the wiper motor splines go through, not sure of its proper name.

Scuttle panel :thumbsup:

RE: Piece of Rubber - pitpan - 02-02-2013

(02-02-2013, 10:50 AM)steve valentine Wrote:  
(02-02-2013, 08:37 AM)pitpan Wrote:  

Scuttle panel :thumbsup:

Thanks, that's the first time I've heard it called that, I thought it was called a Cowling or someting else but all the same thing I suppose. Anyway I require the piece of rubber "flap" on the drivers side that attaches to it if anyone knows where to get or has one.

RE: Piece of Rubber - addo - 03-02-2013

Where's Ron to make comment about me demonstrating my techniques, when you need him?

I'd suggest fronting the counter at Reno-Reck in Wyong if you can. Mitch is the owner; he is a good bloke to deal with and you'll probably think of something else needed along the way.

There are a bunch of rubber things - I'm not sure exactly which you refer to. Largest is the sponge rubber pinchweld at the forward edge of the scuttle metalwork; it also has sponge rubber end blocks. Then there's a shorter length of rubber flap seal over the scuttle area near where air is taken in for the A/C. Finally there's the thin hard rubber pinchweld that caps the edge of your scuttle trim and actually sits on the windscreen glass.

RE: Piece of Rubber - ron - 03-02-2013

(03-02-2013, 10:03 AM)addo Wrote:  Where's Ron to make comment about me demonstrating my techniques, when you need him?

I'd suggest fronting the counter at Reno-Reck in Wyong if you can. Mitch is the owner; he is a good bloke to deal with and you'll probably think of something else needed along the way.

There are a bunch of rubber things - I'm not sure exactly which you refer to. Largest is the sponge rubber pinchweld at the forward edge of the scuttle metalwork; it also has sponge rubber end blocks. Then there's a shorter length of rubber flap seal over the scuttle area near where air is taken in for the A/C. Finally there's the thin hard rubber pinchweld that caps the edge of your scuttle trim and actually sits on the windscreen glass.
I do not get involved with anything to do with rubber,it's so easy to be misinterpreted.:thumbsup::thumbsup: