Berlingo Forum
Got lent a Peugeot 207 today... Oh dear - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Introductions, Feedback & Site Rules, & General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Drivers Café (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Got lent a Peugeot 207 today... Oh dear (/thread-6124.html)

Pages: 1 2

Got lent a Peugeot 207 today... Oh dear - nicebiscuit - 05-06-2013

BMW went in for a service and got lent a Pug 207 courtesy car. Lots of bits shared inside with the Mk3 Berlingo, so thought this'll be OK.

It wasn't. Horrible thing. Gutless petrol motor, lifeless controls and unrefined. The Berlingo may basically be a van but drives miles better. The real surprise was the amount of road noise compared to the Citroen. Had to turn the radio up at 70mph.

I'm not a car snob. Been impressed by all sorts of things, from a Skoda Fabia to a Hyundai i30 renta-car, but this was just rubbish.

These weren't particularly cheap. Can't imagine why anyone bothered.

Got lent a Peugeot 207 today... Oh dear - philip - 05-06-2013

What's a BMW? (Joking)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Got lent a Peugeot 207 today... Oh dear - nicebiscuit - 05-06-2013

(05-06-2013, 06:21 PM)philip Wrote:  What's a BMW? (Joking)

You know those cars you see in the rear view mirror on the motorway, so close that you can't tell what it is, but you could identify the driver from his dental records alone? The ones that don't apparently have indicators? The ones that never let you out at junctions? They're BMWs...

RE: Got lent a Peugeot 207 today... Oh dear - steve valentine - 05-06-2013

When I had my Jag, their courtesy car was the Hyundai i30, it was a very impressive vehicle.

(05-06-2013, 06:26 PM)nicebiscuit Wrote:  

You know those cars you see in the rear view mirror on the motorway, so close that you can't tell what it is, but you could identify the driver from his dental records alone? The ones that don't apparently have indicators? The ones that never let you out at junctions? They're BMWs...
What's worse Volvo drivers or BMW?

RE: Got lent a Peugeot 207 today... Oh dear - nicebiscuit - 05-06-2013

(05-06-2013, 06:38 PM)philip Wrote:  What's worse Volvo drivers or BMW?

Neither - it's Audi drivers these days...

(05-06-2013, 06:34 PM)steve valentine Wrote:  When I had my Jag, their courtesy car was the Hyundai i30, it was a very impressive vehicle.

Yes - thoroughly pleasant to drive, comfy, decent stereo. Nearly bought one...

Audi seems to be the car for the bumper drivers and toot at you for not going fast.

RE: Got lent a Peugeot 207 today... Oh dear - Guanajuato - 06-06-2013

Yep, definitely Audi drivers. Ones driving A3s are the worst - they're trying to make up for not having a real car. Smile
Had an i30 as a hire car in Oz last year. I was quite impressed. I get a fair range of hire cars for work trips, and it knocked socks of the VW Golf & BMW 1-series I've had. You don't want to know my thoughts on anything with a Griffon badge!

When I had a ZX, whenever that went in for servicing I got a Saxo or 106. Effectionately known as a s**t Box. Collegue briefly had a 206 - they absolutely hated it. Small French cars are well known for being shoddily built out of cheese.

RE: Got lent a Peugeot 207 today... Oh dear - nicebiscuit - 07-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 08:53 AM)Guanajuato Wrote:  Had an i30 as a hire car in Oz last year. I was quite impressed. I get a fair range of hire cars for work trips, and it knocked socks of the VW Golf & BMW 1-series I've had.

Interesting. My experience with that really caused me to question biases in the motoring media. I own a 1 series, have driven lots of Golfs and used to have a Focus. The Hyundai reminded me of the Focus in the weighting of the controls and predictable responses. Not as chuckable, but really not bad. The interior was very high quality and Golf like. I still preferred my BMW as it has character and RWD is fun, but not by much, and certainly not enough to reflect the vast gulf in price between the two if I were buying privately.

The sales figures would suggest the public agree. What got me annoyed is that the press always seem to fall back on stereotypes - a Korean car can't ever be allowed to be quite as good as a Golf or good to drive as European rivals. My experience didn't reflect this...

RE: Got lent a Peugeot 207 today... Oh dear - Gadgetman - 21-07-2013

You don't know?

Try filling in the missing letters in this line:
_ig _etal _ang

As for Audi drivers, their cars should come standard with anal lube...
Any closer and they'll need it...