Berlingo Forum
Suspension - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: B9 Second Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Suspension (/thread-763.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Suspension - philip - 17-05-2011

Hi im new to the site and so far im enjoying it!

I have a 2010 Berlingo XTR 1.6HDi 90bhp and have around 10k on the clock. When the outside temp is cold the suspension seems to be noisy a bit like a rattle but when its warm the rattle goes away. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?!

Thanks
Philip

RE: Suspension - pch - 17-05-2011

a rattle, a rattle , oohhhhh yes , bloody rattles. as all know.....
its a design fault so I believe.....just keep sending it back to dealer with a complaint......besides that its a magic car....
Pete

RE: Suspension - philip - 17-05-2011

(17-05-2011, 09:04 PM)pch Wrote:  a rattle, a rattle , oohhhhh yes , bloody rattles. as all know.....
its a design fault so I believe.....just keep sending it back to dealer with a complaint......besides that its a magic car....
Pete
I must agree its a great car i love the driving position.

RE: Suspension - Andre - 17-05-2011

Welcome to the site Philip, lets see some pics!

(17-05-2011, 09:13 PM)Andre Wrote:  Welcome to the site Philip, lets see some pics!
Will upload some tomorrow!

RE: Suspension - tucker - 17-05-2011

Are you sure it goes away or as you get onto busier roads, it's less apparent?

I know since the condition of the roads around me have got worse for pot holes over the past few years, I have gone through 2 sets of anti-roll bar links. One lasted less than 12 months and another damaged from one bad hit on a deep pot hole.

It's an easy repair and as you are under warranty, worth checking if it's covered and having them looked at.

(17-05-2011, 09:36 PM)tucker Wrote:  Are you sure it goes away or as you get onto busier roads, it's less apparent?

I know since the condition of the roads around me have got worse for pot holes over the past few years, I have gone through 2 sets of anti-roll bar links. One lasted less than 12 months and another damaged from one bad hit on a deep pot hole.

It's an easy repair and as you are under warranty, worth checking if it's covered and having them looked at.
Its been back twice to a dealer and they said everything is ok?! Im not so sure myself.

RE: Suspension - pch - 18-05-2011

please wh ever said it was a design fault come back to us on this one, or did I read it online? Citroen will say noughts wrong if the dealers dont have a real answer to it apart from citroen redisigning it.
Just get everything changed and keep complaining under warranty , but beware do it a s a p as they may say its wear and tear and not covered under warranty, like brake pads. etc.
Pete

RE: Suspension - Woodrat - 19-05-2011

Ours has just come back from the dealer with one of the issues it went in for being suspension rattle on rough roads.

They have replaced some front strut components under warranty, which seems to have cured it - it's fine now over surfaces that had it rattling merrily previously.

RE: Suspension - StueyT - 25-05-2011

(19-05-2011, 10:28 PM)Woodrat Wrote:  Ours has just come back from the dealer with one of the issues it went in for being suspension rattle on rough roads.

They have replaced some front strut components under warranty, which seems to have cured it - it's fine now over surfaces that had it rattling merrily previously.

Do you know exactly what was replaced as I'm chasing rattles especially whilst I'm inside the 30 day exchange period.