Berlingo Forum
mk4 when it will be? - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: mk4 when it will be? (/thread-9311.html)

Pages: 1 2

mk4 when it will be? - richy23 - 27-03-2014

Hi, i'm planning to buy a new berlingo, but mine doubt came from the age of mk3, is on the market from the 2008, about 6 year, it was restylized but the base of the car is olways a mk3, i'll buy a new car and after few month it will became old? I can wait for the new one but i can't find any news, anyone know about a new mk4 coming?
Ty!
Riccardo

RE: mk4 when it will be? - Opensauce - 27-03-2014

The first Berlingo ran from '96 until '08 with one major facelift halfway through in '02. Thats 12yrs. Berlingo is van based & commercial body shells usually have much longer run than car body shell so perhaps expect new bodyshell in '20. So maybe or maybe not a major facelift is due this yr? Of interest though might be new Ford Tourneo Connect, same diesel engine as Berlingo & same concept but brand new.

RE: mk4 when it will be? - Trevor - 27-03-2014

The Mark3 was last 'updated' February/March 2012. The XTR was given Daytime running lights, the engine was updated from 110 BHP to 115BHP and possibly other minor 'enhancements'

The Mark 1 and 2 was based on the van floor plan the Mark 3 was based on another floor plan, but I cannot recall which one now.

RE: mk4 when it will be? - klberlingo - 28-03-2014

if citroen were to drop some of their styling from the c4 onto the berlingo it would stand out from the rest, some more colour ranges as well would help. When i went to look at a partner, salesman says all he had was white and they weren't producing any other colours for a while

[Image: c2_zps7ad246ba.jpg]
[Image: c1_zps8f6a5fc0.jpg]

RE: mk4 when it will be? - Gadgetman - 28-03-2014

According to the One True Source of Knowledge(wikipedia), the Mk. I / II are based on the Citroen ZX/Peugeot 306 floorplan and mechanicals, and the Mk . III(Officially 'Berlingo II') uses the 'PSA Platform 2' (same as C4)

There's the smaller Nemo (Or Pug Bipper...) version of the Berlingo II, too, but as it's based on the Fiat Grande Punto, it doesn't really count. (If so, we'd have to allow Fiat Fiorino owners here... )

RE: mk4 when it will be? - Solent - 15-06-2016

A couple of years on and still no news of a substantial upgrade to my knowledge. I've been having thoughts of a new C4 Picasso, not the same loadspace as a Berlingo but much classier (and expensive).

I also wish Citroen had a decent petrol engine in the upper range, many other manufacturers do.

RE: mk4 when it will be? - Opensauce - 15-06-2016

The modern pure tech petrol engine is available in current French market Berlingo but not UK spec models. It appears the new Berlingo as linked to will be even bigger than current model which for Multispace buyers might make it too big for many private motorists. I found the size of the pre '08 Berl just perfect. Current model is bit on the big side but bigger than that & I may well look elsewhere for my next car or more likely, as mine will be 8yrs/80k miles old next yr I may well look for a replacement current model & hope for good prices. Register new car before April '17 & you still have £30 pa road tax. After that & the new regime comes in with min £140pa tax

RE: mk4 when it will be? - Dave Schofield - 17-06-2016

I think this is the new model for next year, but its no berlingo, its in co-op with toyota.
http://www.citroen.co.uk/new-cars-and-vans/future-vehicles/citroen-spacetourer

mk4 when it will be? - nicebiscuit - 17-06-2016

Yep. The new one is a Dispatch replacement. Next size up. Rather nice though. Wouldn't mind one but they're going to be VW T5 money, at least to start with.

The fact the Berlingo just got a second facelift with touchscreen etc suggests that it'll soldier on for a couple more years at least. That's why I just bought another one...

Personally I'm hoping the next one gets a decent dose of C4 Cactus. I love that car, and the design approach would work really well on the Berlingo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk4 when it will be? - nicebiscuit - 19-06-2016

I love the air bumps. But maybe that's because my cars always seem to attract numptys in Supermarket car parks.

If I could I'd have the car entirely bubble-wrapped.

In the meantime I'm just enjoying the fact that my new one has mainly black trim unlike the last one. I mean - what is the point of body colour rubbing strips?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk