Berlingo Forum
1 week in and all's well - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: 1 week in and all's well (/thread-9468.html)

Pages: 1 2

1 week in and all's well - ians_lingo - 13-04-2014

1 week in to my ownership of a 58 plate 1.6hdi van that I bought with 44k on the clock and I have to say I'm more than happy Big Grin,I'm using it for 1 drop courier work and have put 2k miles on this week,yorkshire to various parts of the south coast,brimmed the tank twice now and have managed 700/715 miles to the tank and still no light on,worked it out at 59.8 mpg with 400kg of electric motor in the back and the next tank went through at 62.4 mpg, no back problems,clutch is nice and light when I need it (most of the day is sat in top gear around 60/65 mph..mpg is more important than mph) and personally I find it a comfy ride...Ian.

ps, didn't notice the odd wheel trim when i bought it,new set ordered Confusedillyme:

[Image: P41230091_zpsf8983a2f.jpg]

RE: 1 week in and all's well - V6BOY - 13-04-2014

Glad your enjoying the new van impressed with the mpg, you got a little gem with that sort of mileage on it how much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking?

RE: 1 week in and all's well - Gadgetman - 13-04-2014

That's pretty good mileage. And a nice Mk. II to experience it in. ;-)
Must be difficult to keep clean, though.

1 week in and all's well - ians_lingo - 13-04-2014

Paid £2600 no vat,chap used it as a car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.......
"Your only here once,don't ruin it with living to work,work to live"

RE: 1 week in and all's well - Ol'Jeffers - 15-04-2014

Yep...nice looking van. Your MPG is similar to what I'm getting with my '06 1.6 HDi MultiSpace on a long run.

RE: 1 week in and all's well - ians_lingo - 15-04-2014

glad you've put that,I was amazed and thought I'd maybe worked it out wrong :-) filled her up again this morning and this time I got 56.8 but quite a bit of town driving etc so it's not eating into my mileage payment as much as I thought it would,did an oil and filter change at the w/end for my own peace of mind and will look at a cambelt/water pump change in a few months....Ian.

RE: 1 week in and all's well - Jed Clampit - 15-04-2014

Glad your happy with the old girl good mpg very wise to do the oil and filter change :thumbsup: Confusedalut:

RE: 1 week in and all's well - ron - 15-04-2014

Regular oil changes are a must for the HDi.Use the right oil,don't skimp.:thumbsup:Confusedalut:

RE: 1 week in and all's well - ians_lingo - 21-09-2014

Just an update,5 months in,36000 extra on the clock and straight through the MOT with no advisories,happy chappy,oil and filter change every month,had belt kit and water pump replaced and had some wind deflectors fitted to stop the annoying berlingo dribble when raining and centre armrest for the long journey's.............

[Image: P9043221_zpsfbcf2067.jpg]

RE: 1 week in and all's well - Jed Clampit - 22-09-2014

Still looking good all them oil and filter change's will serve you well top mark's for getting the belt's and pump changed