Berlingo Forum
SKY and Virgin - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Introductions, Feedback & Site Rules, & General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Drivers Café (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: SKY and Virgin (/thread-9697.html)

Pages: 1 2

SKY and Virgin - philip - 12-05-2014

We are switching from SKY to Virgin Media on Thursday. We still got programmes downloaded on our SKY Box that we will never catch up on before then, is there a way I can save them and put them on my Virgin Box?Confusedcratch:

RE: SKY and Virgin - Mike - 12-05-2014

I guess you own the box right?

RE: SKY and Virgin - taxi - 12-05-2014

Can you transfer content onto PC ? Example on YouTube about extracting saved recordings from SkyDigibox

RE: SKY and Virgin - philip - 12-05-2014

(12-05-2014, 09:32 PM)Mike Wrote:  I guess you own the box right?
Umm I think so.

(12-05-2014, 10:37 PM)taxi Wrote:  Can you transfer content onto PC ? Example on YouTube about extracting saved recordings from SkyDigibox
It should be possible maybe onto a memory stick?! mind you it would have to be a large capacity one.

RE: SKY and Virgin - taxi - 12-05-2014

you must have al lot of " Still Game " recorded :whistle::lol:
Contact Virgin and see if they have a solution ?...hopefully someone on forum has more knowledge.

RE: SKY and Virgin - Mike - 12-05-2014

I think if you've had it for over a year it's technically yours so in theory you could hold on to it and watch the programme thats on it.

RE: SKY and Virgin - TonyM - 13-05-2014

(12-05-2014, 11:04 PM)Mike Wrote:  I think if you've had it for over a year it's technically yours so in theory you could hold on to it and watch the programme thats on it.

You need an active Sky subscription to use the playback or record functions on a Sky box .

RE: SKY and Virgin - andy-womble - 13-05-2014

Haven't got the Modutop so don't see much Sky in the Berlingo..... As for Virgins, well at my age chance would be a fine thing....

RE: SKY and Virgin - philip - 14-05-2014

(13-05-2014, 06:29 PM)TonyM Wrote:  
(12-05-2014, 11:04 PM)Mike Wrote:  I think if you've had it for over a year it's technically yours so in theory you could hold on to it and watch the programme thats on it.

You need an active Sky subscription to use the playback or record functions on a Sky box .
So i cant watch stuff ive recorded once i cancel with Sky?

(12-05-2014, 10:57 PM)taxi Wrote:  you must have al lot of " Still Game " recorded :whistle::lol:
Contact Virgin and see if they have a solution ?...hopefully someone on forum has more knowledge.
I hear what you are saying but its trying to explain to them in India or where ever im calling to, they have trouble understanding the Glaswegian/Scottish accent lol.

RE: SKY and Virgin - steelviper - 14-05-2014

(13-05-2014, 07:28 PM)andy-womble Wrote:  Haven't got the Modutop so don't see much Sky in the Berlingo..... As for Virgins, well at my age chance would be a fine thing....
that's the kinda post we need a like button for
:thumbsup: