Berlingo Forum
remaps ? - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: remaps ? (/thread-9781.html)

Pages: 1 2

remaps ? - ians_lingo - 22-05-2014

hiya, I've a 58 plate 1.6hdi im using for long distance couriering,done a bit of reading/searching in regards to egr valve, blanking plate or remap ? is it more beneficial to the engine and fuel economy ? mpg is the important bit for me as paid by loaded mile and even though ive given it regular oil changes (every 3 or 4 weeks ) the idea of it sludging up does slightly worry me, any advice plus or negative would be appreciated. Ian

RE: remaps ? - Jed Clampit - 22-05-2014

Hi ian you can get a green eco map little more power better mpg have the EGR deleted at the same time smother running Confusedalut:

RE: remaps ? - ians_lingo - 22-05-2014

I take it you'd recommend it then ? a mate in the trade advised against it through people coming to him with problems after having it done,just with the mileage I'm doing (80/90k a year) a bit better mpg would be beneficial and i take it removing the egr from the equation will help on the often mentioned sludging problem ? I'm new to all this so need to know before running in and putting my usual size 13's in it again :-)

RE: remaps ? - addo - 23-05-2014

If "long distance couriering" ever means towards Ilkeston, you might chat to Lighty, who's a member here and runs an independent garage down that way.

RE: remaps ? - evdama - 23-05-2014

(22-05-2014, 08:08 PM)ians_lingo Wrote:  hiya, I've a 58 plate 1.6hdi im using for long distance couriering,done a bit of reading/searching in regards to egr valve, blanking plate or remap ? is it more beneficial to the engine and fuel economy ? mpg is the important bit for me as paid by loaded mile and even though ive given it regular oil changes (every 3 or 4 weeks ) the idea of it sludging up does slightly worry me, any advice plus or negative would be appreciated. Ian

If youre changng it monthly then its a lot less likely to develp sludge especially if youre using the correct stuff

RE: remaps ? - homeruk - 24-05-2014

If you have the Siemens ecu then blanking the egr is a no no as it will more than likely throw it into limp mode.

A remap would certainly help you gain better mpg although don't expect miracles, the gains aren't huge although you might notice with the amount of miles you do.....

RE: remaps ? - ians_lingo - 24-05-2014

where/how do i check which ecu i have then,noticed a lot of the comments have mentioned this so need to find out first i suppose ? cant find anything about it using the search function,ie...location etc ...Ian.

RE: remaps ? - pitpan - 25-05-2014

Getting better MPG can also be down to your tyre pressures if you are carrying heavy loads make sure they are inflated to the correct pressure for the weight, Normally the pressure chart is on the drivers door column, also use the best petrol not the cheap ethanol rubbish as this not only makes your van perform better it lubricates and protects the internals.

remaps ? - ians_lingo - 25-05-2014

Thanks pitpan,to be honest I can't expect the mpg to be much better,it's the 1.6 hdi and the least I've had is 57mpg once with a best of 63.9, rarely carry much at all weight wise,a decent sized passenger would probably weigh more,I was more interested in egr/dpf removal to clear its lungs out so to speak :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.......
"Your only here once,don't ruin it with living to work,work to live"

RE: remaps ? - Opensauce - 25-05-2014

Can you get away with blanking egr & removing dpf these days. I thought this was being checked at MOT after Feb this yr? If most of your driving is fast motorway then you shouldn't have any probs with dpf & egr valve will be closed most of time anyway? Engine won't sludge up if correct oil used. Total Quartz ineo ecs is Citroen recommended.