Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bsi control unit
Hi does anybody know how much a bsi control model for a 61 plate berlingo 16 hdi multispace as I've been told it might of went after test on it, I'm totally gutted as it's my taxi Sad thanks for any help .Wullie
What's the symptoms?

Has it suffered from water ingress?

There is a member on here who repairs bsi units , although I can't remember his name, sorry!
The problem was that it goes into limp mode after 20 seconds after starting up and the engine fault flashes with the orange triangle staying on and the pump that controls the PDF oil went and on the there software that they plug in was code coming up saying the bottle was empty when it was half full and after replacing the pump and oil the same codes were coming up after he reset them and the new pump will not work , so a citroen dealer thinks it could be the bsi unit after he spoke to citroen uk, so I've to put it into the main dealer today to see what they think, already spent £420 last week and still got the same problem, I just hope it's something stupid and I won't be out a fortune as I'm thinking the worse , still paying the car up and renting another taxi at the same time. Sad don't think it's suffered from water ingress not that I'm aware of. Wullie
Did they do a bsi reset?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to homeruk for this post:
  • Wullie J
(01-08-2014, 11:56 AM)homeruk Wrote:  Did they do a bsi reset?
Not sure, but will ask that question many thanks. Wullie
All sorted £69 bucks with citrieon all that was needing was a reset and Cam automobiles could not even do that after charging me a right few quid,thanks for all the advice from the BOC. Wullie problem solved Smile
Please Google bsi reset you can do it yourself for free in case it happens again / disconnect the battery.

Oh and have a chat about getting your money back from cam automoblies seeing as they couldn't fix it
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to homeruk for this post:
  • Wullie J
Sure will I've got someone on the case that said if they don't want to settle when I speak to them he will take them to the cleaners ie labour costs for the garage that they sent the right oil up to after putting the wrong stuff in plus citrieon for doing there job and also I needed to hire another taxi for a week and a half plus a error with over charging me £100 . But got that back after they said it was a mistake lol they can make it east for thereself and do the right thing. Wullie
(04-08-2014, 05:49 PM)homeruk Wrote:  Please Google bsi reset you can do it yourself for free in case it happens again / disconnect the battery.

Oh and have a chat about getting your money back from cam automoblies seeing as they couldn't fix it
They have offered me the money back from citrioen and £45 for my own garage for swapping the oil £69 plus £45 I will still be taking it futher than that as I was a lot more out of pocket.Wullie
Don't take their first offer keep plugging away and there is trading standards plus other social networks to help them make up their mind's
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • Wullie J