Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting central locking?
Going to look at a 2000 Berlingo tomorrow with potential (has proper sunroof so want it to be good!) but it doesn't have central locking.

Seen a few threads with people saying they want to fit it, but none with conclusive results- has anyone retro-fitted central locking to an early Berlingo?

Thinking easiest way could be to either get a kit off eBay and fit it, or find a scrapyard one with it and strip all the solenoids out?
Your best bet is get a kit like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-REMO...4d353f6083
Its easy to fit just take your time I fitted the control box up under the passenger footwell then went through the bulkhead to take power direct from the battery with an inline fuse. Route wires to the doors through existing rubber boots and fix with self adhesive clips to keep them tidy and out the way.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • minisandfords, whitebus
Thanks- that sounds like a good deal off eBay. Take it it wasn't too difficult to fit the actuators- did you need to drill holes to mount them on the doors?
Yes it comes with full instructions but they are simple to fit just offer the actuator up in a suitable place under each door button and I think 2 holes to drill and attach with screws. then bend link rod into shape and attach to actuator and door button rod. You have a master actuator that goes on the drivers door which I think has 5 wires from it and the rest have 2 wires. The only thing I altered was I extended the wiring from the back door actuator as I ran it round the side of the van then under trim along the door and into the passenger footwell. I did all the wiring in spiral protective wrap to protect it against chaffing.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • minisandfords
Excellent- sounds like an enjoyable challenge!

One more questions- did you manage to wire the boot into the system?
I had a van with rear side hung doors and fitted central looking to that, but if you have tailgate it will fit to that to im sure.
Just got started with my central locking today- my door wiring has those weird plugs which clip in place- any ideas how to run wiring though those? Use redundant holes in plugs?
Just thought I'd mention I made a start with this- drivers door now has locking motor in, and "brain" is sitting in drivers' footwell for now, so one door locks with remote!

Got wires through to door by threading them through existing trunking and enlarging hole so that new trunking goes above the existing stupid plug thing!

One down, 4 more to go...!
Hi there mine just had rubber trunking between the door and the door pillar as it was a basic van, I see what you mean by the connector looks like you found a way through it. Just a thought but if you put the controller up on the passenger bulk head there is room there its out of the way and easy to get at if need be. And you can get through the bulkhead to take power direct from the battery.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • minisandfords
Thanks for reply- mounted it down there as took feed and earth from radio. Will mount it more permanently or move it when all motors wired in!