Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 xtr100 weird electrical fault
Several times my 2015 xtr100 develops a weird audible warning consisting on a regular beeping sound coming from the loudspeakers when started up . Contacted the dealer who failed to understand my concern . No fault appears on the screen and in the systems test.
Mechanic mate discussed the matter and we took off the live battery post and waited for a few minutes and carefully started the car to find the fault cleared , do I need a software update , anybody had this fault on theirs ?
Also I am planning  to fit a towbar soon and interested in any feedback from other forum members who have fitted bypass relays  to power the lighting to the 12n socket .
reverse sensors ?
Funnily enough I had a similar problem with my 2016 XTR 120 for the first time a couple of days ago.
It had been fine the day before but when I turned the ignition key there was this constant beeping sound every second or so which continued when the engine was started. The beeping stopped with the ignition off but started again with the ignition on. This continued for about 15 minutes or so but eventually cleared itself and has not yet returned.

It was definitely not the parking sensors or the speakers but appeared to be coming from the sounder behind the dashboard.

Dunfillin
(02-09-2016, 07:43 PM)dunfillin Wrote:  Funnily enough I had a similar problem with my 2016 XTR 120 for the first time a couple of days ago.
It had been fine the day before but when I turned the ignition key there was this constant beeping sound every second or so which continued when the engine was started. The beeping stopped with the ignition off but started again with the ignition on. This continued for about 15 minutes or so but eventually cleared itself and has not yet returned.

It was definitely not the parking sensors or the speakers but appeared to be coming from the sounder behind the dashboard.

Dunfillin

I assume you have a 7" touch screen like i do......I have the same thing on my 2015 120 and started a thread on it.

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/thread-13965.html
Yes, I have the touchscreen. I've looked at the Youtube video and it's exactly the same as mine was.
As I said it's only done it the once a few days ago and is OK at present but we'll see what happens.

Dunfillin