Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a need to convert?
Having had the '16 plate car for 6 months my mind had turned to the possibilities of removable camping conversions, part of my grand plan. So, taking out the rear seats, and filling the gap in the foot well with storage boxes, I find I can easily fit 2 self inflating kip mats in the back of the car. if I leave the rear shelf in place I can store stuff on top of that, and on the front seats. And in the front foot wells.

So, I was wondering if the was any real need to have the fancy bits and bobs after all!

I was wondering if anyone had done that sort of camping, just using the Berlingo as a "tent" rather than a camper, and what were potential issues arising.

Martin
all the time, i made a 3" high 'platform' to fit behind the passenger seat, then an insert to go behind the folded n lifted up seat to make a level long platform....if i can remember i will take pics tomorrow.....
i spend at least two nights every ten days in the van.....i use it as a tent when fishing, hiking, love it!!
French Electrics......Grrrrrrr! Dodgy
I was think of just using kip mats on the floor, rear seats out. Dead minimalist Smile
(29-09-2016, 04:16 PM)Sootyfoot Wrote:  I made a 3" high 'platform' to fit behind the passenger seat, then an insert to go behind the folded n lifted up seat to make a level long platform....if i can remember i will take pics tomorrow.....

Oh, please, pics Smile

I notice you use the word "long" ^^^
I am still trying to figure out what is needed to be done to make a bed big enough for one 6ft tall person.
Regards to all,
John - (2005 2.0HDi with Modutop roof, mini camper).

love to see some pics of ideas ?
I'm thinking about the camper or "tent" thing also. If I do it I'm considering blacking out the back window and two rearmost Windows completely with black vinyl and the sliding doors heavily tinted so no one sees what's in the back anyway.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
2006 Berlingo 2.0hdi desire daily hack
1998 Xantia Activa turbo for fun.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to david.mckay.3760 for this post:
  • knownowt
So...I have my plastic boxes which although aren't a perfect fit, stop my feet and Aldi self-inflating kip mat from dangling when I lay down head at the back of the car. I bought some reflective bubble wrap, the stuff for putting behind radiators, and some sucker pads to make detachable blinds for the windows. I also fitted some wind deflectors to the front windows to allow them to be left cracked open without allowing rain in to permit ventilation to avoid condensation.

I will be going up to a party in Lancaster weekend after next, and will be using the car as a tin tent crash pad. Will let you know how I get on!

One thing I may do, once I get the templates sorted and the right suckers, is knock out sets of blinds to anyone who wants them. Amdro advise me that they will not sell them separately as "They are designed by Amdro and made especially for us making them an unique part of the Boot Jump product." Well, I would have paid good money for a good product, as would many others here.
(03-10-2016, 08:28 PM)Martianflips Wrote:  One thing I may do, once I get the templates sorted and the right suckers, is knock out sets of blinds to anyone who wants them.

I'll have a set Smile
Regards to all,
John - (2005 2.0HDi with Modutop roof, mini camper).

(03-10-2016, 08:28 PM)Martianflips Wrote:  .. I also fitted some wind deflectors to the front windows to allow them to be left cracked open without allowing rain in to permit ventilation to avoid condensation.

Where did you get the wind deflectors? please.
Multispace B9 2009 1.6HDi
WIND DEFLECTORS
Mick Garage online
£24.70