Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Noise under bonnet
Well just took berlingo down to local Citroen dealers after I started getting a funny noise under bonnet and what a load of rubbish yet again.
After speaking to our fleet mechanic who said it sounded like a pulley from timing belt area I rushed straight down to Citroen dealers as still under warranty to be told yes we can hear it but wait until it gets worse or someting happens so it is easier to diagnose the problem.
After arguing for 20 minutes with no joy I am now considering contacting Citroen UK. Had a skoda previously and main dealers where first class compared with Citroen.
ho hoho seems like the usual citroen response......good luck, keep houndinh them.
Pete
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
I don't know how close you are to the end of your warranty
but assuming your fleet engineer is a qualified vehicle mechanic,
get him to write up an independent engineer's report. Make a note of your visit
to your main dealer, who you spoke to and what the end result of the
conversation was. Also note your entire disagreement with their opinion.
If the timing pulley either fails or slips the end result would be
the same as a timing belt breaking.
I would also get a second opinion from another Citroen dealer as we
know that all dealers do not share the 'do nothing until the engine self-destructs' attitude.
And me, being a cantankerous old git, would also remind them of the legal ramifications
if any resultant failure caused a road accident.
(Nothing quite like a total engine failure in the outside lane of the M25 during rush hour! :eek: )
Joking aside, this could be a potentially dangerous fault if ignored and would make me think
twice about driving the car. Consumer Direct may also be interested and able to offer advice.

The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
(12-03-2012, 03:18 PM)shaun Wrote:  Well just took berlingo down to local Citroen dealers after I started getting a funny noise under bonnet and what a load of rubbish yet again.
After speaking to our fleet mechanic who said it sounded like a pulley from timing belt area I rushed straight down to Citroen dealers as still under warranty to be told yes we can hear it but wait until it gets worse or someting happens so it is easier to diagnose the problem.
After arguing for 20 minutes with no joy I am now considering contacting Citroen UK. Had a skoda previously and main dealers where first class compared with Citroen.
My son had a noise under his bonnet, sounded like noisy tappets or even a small end bearing. Had it for three years; it was the radiator on rubber bushes that wanted sorting.

(12-03-2012, 03:18 PM)shaun Wrote:  Well just took berlingo down to local Citroen dealers after I started getting a funny noise under bonnet and what a load of rubbish yet again.

Or It could be the auxillary belt
pulley wheels, alternator bearings? Hard to tell which one without replacing
The pulley (tensioner wheels) are known to become noisy-wear
Expensive for what they are in my mind if out of warranty,
Hi
Sorry not been on for a while but got this problem sorted.
Decided to drive 25 miles to another dealership and within a couple of minutes the mechanic told me it wanted a new timing belt kit fitting. Two days later booked in and problem sorted.
Citroen wakefield aftersales top class compared to my local dealers in doncaster