Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
start van and not all lights on my dash but can start the engine
When I start my van now it doesn't always come up with all the usual lights as normal, just the oil and engine management light, from this it starts but i don't have speedo fuel gauge or anything like that.

I take the key out and turn it back and forward a few times and it all seams to kick in life and is fine.

could it be the key as iv got all 4 keys still.

Any ideas??????????
more like the ignition switch than the keys.
Im back with a up date

Due to low funds I have been unable to take my van to the garage to have someone have a good old look into the problem.

still turn the key and airbag light or non at all light up on the dash.

now the dashboard only works when the engine has had some time to warm up. on cold mornings which we have had it don't kick in for few miles and warmer mornings its fine and works a dream.

It must be something simple due to working but not working first thing when its cold. PS iv had a new battery the other day and the alternators is fine.
Sounds like cold solder joins into the rear of the ignition switch, but not knowing the wiring I couldnt say for sure.
(06-11-2012, 09:40 PM)Wylie Wrote:  Im back with a up date

Due to low funds I have been unable to take my van to the garage to have someone have a good old look into the problem.

still turn the key and airbag light or non at all light up on the dash.

now the dashboard only works when the engine has had some time to warm up. on cold mornings which we have had it don't kick in for few miles and warmer mornings its fine and works a dream.

It must be something simple due to working but not working first thing when its cold. PS iv had a new battery the other day and the alternators is fine.

Hi, did you manage to sort out your problem? I now have exactly the same issue. Changed glow plugs and got new battery initially because it was slow to start. Now I have the dash lights problem, Still hard to start, then everything back to normal after its warmed.
Any help appreciated.
Hi All

I had exactly the same fault with my 2000 berlingo, the dashboard was entirely dead( all guages) and indicator signal until it had warmed up inside the car. I put this down to a high resistance on a relay or similar, but trawelled the internet and couldn't find any answers. Took the dash out, gave everything i could get to a wiggle, but it didn't help. After having the fault for about 2 years now no matter how warmed up the car gets including hot summer days the dash won't work at all and I have to rely on Sat Nav for speed. :whistle:

If someone ever comes up with the answer i'd love to know and if I crack it i will post here.

Thanks
Jim