Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.65 Average
re berlingo 2.0 hdi no start
Hi just taken in px a berlingo 2.0 hdi 2004 which will not start, it's running a siemens fuel system, it's turning over fine got good compression on all cylinders, checked timing and its all ok and spot on, i dont seem to have any fuel, when you crack the injectors it starts to dribble and then stops, plenty of fuel, so i plugged the solus pro into it today and no fuel delivery pressure, so thought fuel pump was a problem, i happened to have a spare siemens fuel pump from a runner we broke last year so swapped it over timed it back up and still have the same problem, just wondered if there was a ecu fault or bsi or something i may be over looking, fuses are all good and can't seem to see an inertia switch, got good fuel pressure from the fuel filter?????????? Can anyone give me some ideas before i send off the ecu and bsi to bbi reman Many Thanks Dan
Have you read the ECU status? If it says "unlocked" then you have a fault - but if it's saying "locked" then you may have an immobiliser error.
Hi thanks for the response i,ll check this morning, where is the imobiliser on these is it through the bsi? i know the dw8 were fuel pump and could be bypassed using a new pump solenoid wired up to ignition feed, but these pumps on the 2.0 hdi arent coded are they, is there a way to bypass the imobiliser?????? Cheers Dan
I believe it's like a petrol engine in that the ECU controls the injector signal - a locked ECU won't trigger the injectors.

The immobiliser is part of the ECU; a sixteen character code correlates what is read off the transponder keychip via the aerial connected to the BSI although it seems to be the last four which are critical. Codes can be extracted fairly readily if not known, or the ECU can be permanently unlocked.