Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
One or two issues - boo-hoo
Hi Chaps, on our lovely Island of Alderney, there are no real service chaps, just a couple of fellows who do their best with not much modern kit!

Right now, I have some issues with my 1.9 diesel. 1. my 'STOP' warning has just started to come on. Have checked the oil - needs changing, but up to level, plus the coolant. Sadly, the book doesn't say why one should take it to a dealer tout suite - anyone have any idea, please? 2. the fan [also used for A/C] has decided to run continuously - only removal of the fuse stops it. What could this be? 3. the washers packed up some months ago - the wash-wipe on the stalk still moves the wipers, but no spray.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanx in advance

Cheers, Chris
(10-11-2013, 05:54 PM)Aurigny Wrote:  Hi Chaps, on our lovely Island of Alderney, there are no real service chaps, just a couple of fellows who do their best with not much modern kit!

Right now, I have some issues with my 1.9 diesel. 1. my 'STOP' warning has just started to come on. Have checked the oil - needs changing, but up to level, plus the coolant. Sadly, the book doesn't say why one should take it to a dealer tout suite - anyone have any idea, please? 2. the fan [also used for A/C] has decided to run continuously - only removal of the fuse stops it. What could this be? 3. the washers packed up some months ago - the wash-wipe on the stalk still moves the wipers, but no spray.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanx in advance

Cheers, Chris
Well my 19D is sworn off road till finish repairs, I have just changed my rear brake shoes and cylinders and am getting stop signal as I have not bleed brakes yet, not saying this is the problem just sharing my info.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mitumatu for this post:
  • Aurigny
The "Stop" light on the dash could be the brake fluid, happened to my Blingo and apparently is fairly common, I topped the brake fluid up and it's been fine since, I believe the level sensors can also be a bit dubious, so it may just be that.
No idea about the Aircon fan, try a search on the forum.
Washers could be that the pipes are blocked with sludge and crap, check thay are clean and not blocked at all, if you can hear the washer motor going but no fluid is coming out then this might well be the cause.
Another possibility is that the switch on the wash/wipe stalk has broken, again problems with the wash/wipe or indicator stalks are not uncommon.
Could also be the washer motor itself, should be possible to check it with an electrical multimeter.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to hachiroku for this post:
  • Aurigny
(10-11-2013, 09:03 PM)hachiroku Wrote:  The "Stop" light on the dash could be the brake fluid, happened to my Blingo and apparently is fairly common, I topped the brake fluid up and it's been fine since, I believe the level sensors can also be a bit dubious, so it may just be that.
No idea about the Aircon fan, try a search on the forum.
Washers could be that the pipes are blocked with sludge and crap, check thay are clean and not blocked at all, if you can hear the washer motor going but no fluid is coming out then this might well be the cause.
Another possibility is that the switch on the wash/wipe stalk has broken, again problems with the wash/wipe or indicator stalks are not uncommon.
Could also be the washer motor itself, should be possible to check it with an electrical multimeter.
Hi,

Thanx for that. Checked brake fluid and it seemed up to the mark - maybe the sensor is 'iffy', as you suggested. No sound from washer pump, so it looks like this may be shot! I'll have to get someone to check all this as my abilities with cars extend as far as checking levels and driving them!
Hi, if your stop light is on and the cooling fan is running, I would be looking at the coolant temperature sensor. May be bad connection or failure of this. What does your temp gauge read?
If you P/mail me your Vin No. I'll have a look through the drawings.:thumbsup:
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
Mea Culpa
Apologies for not replying sooner, but helping my lady to relocate here and so lots of other things to do with deadline approaching!!
The STOP sign is coming on together with the brake warning light, so it looks like the sensors are doing their job. I had to disconnect - removed fuse - the cooling fan [also A/C] as this started running as soon as the ignition was switched on.
Engine temp. gauge is in the 'normal' zone when warmed up.
Being thick, could you advise what is P/mail and I'll let you have my VIN
Best regards
Private email - send him a private message with the VIN.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tucker for this post:
  • Aurigny
If you click on rustscrats name then scroll down the page in his profile you can send him a private email with your VIN ( vehicle identification number) so he can look up correct wiring diagrams for your vehicle. Don`t go posting things like vin numbers and car reg or sensitive info on an open forum.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • Rustscrat
(19-11-2013, 03:21 PM)Rustscrat Wrote:  Hi, if your stop light is on and the cooling fan is running, I would be looking at the coolant temperature sensor. May be bad connection or failure of this. What does your temp gauge read?
If you P/mail me your Vin No. I'll have a look through the drawings.:thumbsup:
Hi Rustscrat,
Very sorry I didn't get back to you. I've been so busy organising a house move at a distance and running out of time to do anything like look at the vehicle. I finally decided to hand it over to the one fellow on the Island with a decent rep. to do what he can. Having fallen off a ladder 18 months ago and shattering my left arm, I can't easily do practical stuff any more. Ive been up in Scotland for the last 10 days packing boxes, etc. and not looking at a computer - too tired and not in the mood!!
I hope that you and the other chaps who offered help had a good Christmas and would like to wish you all the best for 2014.
Cheers'n'beers
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Aurigny for this post:
  • RolyG, ron, Rustscrat