Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Speedometer and Radio
Hi folks. I've changed the radio in my Berlingo 2007 model and I am experiencing problems with my speedometer, such as, the needle drops to zero, one second it works the other not, on and off, what gives?
My 2nd problem is that the power cuts to the radio, and I have to rerun setup up when I turn the ignition on, my radio is a Pioneer DEH-4500BT, anyone got a clue what to do?
First off unplug the radio and see if the speedo returns to normal... I'm guessing you just plugged the radio in with no loom modifications if your asking the above??
Am I right if I say the speedometer is in some way connected to the radio?
Update on the radio issue, I talked to someone that works with radios, he said switch the red and yellow cable to get constant power to the radio Wink
If you do a search on the forum there is loads about wiring radios and the cable swap you are trying.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
did you do as I suggested?? guessing not... maybe your friend will also tell you how to wire up the radio correctly as the way you have it isn't... (swapping the red and yellow wires the radio to the permanent live but also keeps it wired to the can supply not an accessory feed but your friend told you that also??) do a search and theres loads of info, why ask a question and ignore the first bit of help you get??

I work with radios, and have done for fifteen+ years, I suggest maybe doing your own research as your friend doesn't quite know it all, misleading info like this is why forums have such a reputation for misinformation....
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dumdum for this post:
  • adam3rdcanvey
(17-03-2014, 10:40 PM)dumdum Wrote:  did you do as I suggested?? guessing not... maybe your friend will also tell you how to wire up the radio correctly as the way you have it isn't... (swapping the red and yellow wires the radio to the permanent live but also keeps it wired to the can supply not an accessory feed but your friend told you that also??) do a search and theres loads of info, why ask a question and ignore the first bit of help you get??

I work with radios, and have done for fifteen+ years, I suggest maybe doing your own research as your friend doesn't quite know it all, misleading info like this is why forums have such a reputation for misinformation....

Sorry for the late answer dumdum, it was so simple as you said, swap red and yellow wire.
For the speedometer thing, it newer happend again.
Thank you for replying Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Naasaan for this post:
  • RolyG
Think you have to connect your car up to a diagnostic computer(lexia) and tell the bsi you are using an after market stereo as well but I could be wrong
(08-07-2014, 04:12 PM)billy140572 Wrote:  Think you have to connect your car up to a diagnostic computer(lexia) and tell the bsi you are using an after market stereo as well but I could be wrong

Not on a mk2 you don't
Sorry didn't realise it was just mk3 you had to tell the bsi about changing the stereo, every days a school day