Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[For Sale] Berlingo 600lx 1.9DT 10 months MOT £650ono
Here i have my trusty Citroen Berlingo 600 LX van. Its on a 1999 S reg and has a lot of major work more than your usual ebay "major" work. Its currently on 153,000 miles i purchased it around 122,000 its a diesel peugeot citroen engine which last for 100,000s of miles. iv looked after it and serviced it on regular occassions including twice on its current engine alone this year.

The engine in this van has been changed from the DW8 slow straight diesel engine to a Xud Diesel turbo engine around Febuary at 130,000 ish miles. The XUD9TE which is one of the PSA groups best engines there simply to run fix and maintain using no ECU or fancy electronics. The engine in standard form runs at 89bhp this one has most likely got a little more oomph behind it due to minor tune up.why PSA didnt put this engine in these van in the first place i dont know as the straight diesel engine is gutless up hills. The XUD shares the same mounting points gearbox wiring as the original engine the DW8 is a little more modern engine sharing the same xud bottom end. The XUD engine is simply plug and play and 100% safe. Before the swop the XUD engine had new cambelt new tensioners and waterpump and aux belt as well as a service including oils and filters.

It currently has mot untill 26th of August 2015 no Tax Due the recent stupid law The vehicle is mechanically sound and will prove to be a reliable workhorse for the next owner. In September this year i recently did some major work inlcuding sorting some rust issues that most of these vans are now facing main one being in the front wheel arches although not an MOT Failure its best to stop the spread. The engine was removed and both front wheel arches had the rotten metal removed to good metal, rust converted then new metal placed and welded on both sides. More rust converter applied to the whole front end, Seam sealed then undersealed and painted.

The engine while out had the following done to it
New timming side crank seal
New flywheel side crank seal
New Cam Seal
New Rocker cover seal
New valve stem seals
New Headgasket
New HDi head bolts
New Cambelt
Head skim
Valve clean and polish
New lower coolant block and gasket
New oils and Filters
Gearbox had new drive shaft seals and oil
Also had a new thicker DT Radiator

The tensioners and water pump hadnt covered many miles and still in perfect condition so were reused only covering 7,000 miles of ther 75,000 mile change interval. In effect the engine had a good overhaul that wouldnt need to be done for many 1,000s of miles even over 100,000 miles! This van can run on 100% veg oil and i have done for many 1000s of miles treating it to diesel as well This is down to the Bosch mechanical fuel pump. On most occasions it ran a mix of both providing good performance as well savings. You can get Veg oil as little as 65p a liter for new or 30p for filtered used and all perfectly legal.

The front suspension arms have been overhauled having had new ball joints when first purchased and recently had genuine peugeot updated rear p bushes the front bushes were replaced with pattern part ones as well as droplinks and anti roll bar bushes. there ar no knocks or bangs on this van and wont for a while to come.

Internal
Inside iv fitted after market remote central locking, recently replaced the blower motor and heater matrix after a leak. It is ply lined with ply bulkhead and speakers. It has a heavy duty rubber floor in the rear as well as darkened windows and window guards. The front seats have been replaced with ones out o a 306 and are supporting and comfortable. I have also fitted a Multi space upper self in the front cab for more storage.

External
The van isnt in the best of conditions as these vans do dent easily. The van prior to me hadnt really been looked after iv smartened it up allot reviving the paint. The van has had areas of filler on the drivers side but is strutually safe never been an issue or concern to me. being 100% honest here with a little bit more attention and time it can look good. But the bonus of the van is the important bits are mechanically sound. The Van is sat on 15" 306 cyclone alloys with Uniroyal Rainsports 3's one of the best wet tyres you can get and have covered less than 3,000 miles.

Given the mot and recent work done to it in september i am asking for offers around £650 this van is future proof and major know problems like the rust sorted properly. The recent overhaul of the engine will prove to be a reliable for many years yet again making the van future proof this van wouldnt need servicing for another year!

Viewing is welcome and encouraged. Test drives will be done by myself as your insurance will highly likely not cover you to drive this vehicle due to it being comercial. You can drive the vehicle with the correct insurance proven and with full cash amount in my hands. The vehicle is what earns me money so no risks will be taken with out both. All Stickers will be removed before sale and van given a once over for the new owner.

van would make a good sleeper project or just an honest nippy work horse.

Reason for selling is due to needing a bigger van to which is sat waiting to be used.
Project thread/progress can be viewed here
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-14516.html

Messages In This Thread
Berlingo 600lx 1.9DT 10 months MOT £650ono - by Jenkosowls - 28-10-2014, 11:23 PM