Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to program a virginised BSI
I have produced this guide to hlp others who are unsure/ nervous about programming a virginised BSI. It is from what I have discovered in reference to this post: http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/thread-12...l#pid82128

I was very worried about doing this, but it really wasn't too bad at all- probably took an hour tops.

First off you have to have Lexia! You must make sure the battery is disconnected when you put the BSI back into the vehicle and reconnect all its plugs. You MUST also have the 4 digit key code for the vehicle.

1. Once BSI is correctly connected/ replaced into its position and battery re-connected, ensure you have a battery back-up (ie battery booster pack or battery charger) connected. This is so that the battery voltage doesn't drop during programming. Also, close all doors (or do what i did which was to push the lath inside the door lock to fool the car into thinking the door was shut!)

2. Now connect the diagbox/ interface and open Lexia. You will notice the VIN number reads as a load of backward P's. This is normal. 

3. Go to "Diagnosis"

4. Do a "Global scan"

5. It may only show the BSI. (this is becasue later you need to add other ECU's later) So select "BSI" and enter this menu.

6. Go down the list to "Configuration" and select "manual configuration" Note; DO-NOT choose internet config! and then select "manual configuration without data"

7. In the next menu, go down to"VIN code" and now you can enter the vin number. After you do, hit F1 and it will ask for a code to configure- the code is 01334.

8. Now go back to the previous menu and select "ECU's present" You can now go through the list entering all the relevant ECU's- you will have to take some educated guesses at these! Again, hit F1 to configure and re-enter the code 01334 to lock in.

9. Now go back to previous menu and go to "configuration" Again, go through the list and select or remove the relevant options. Again, you will have to make some educated guesses but they can all be altered at a later date if required. Again, 01334 will configure.

10. Now go back twice to the first menu and scroll down to select "learning" menu. Now select "BSI Initialisation" and follow the steps in this menu. It should be 3 separate stages but it guides you through 1 stage at a time. When it comes to the key programming, be aware
"ign +" is the second click where all dash light illuminate. PLEASE PLEASE ensure the 4 digit code for your keys is entered correctly as you get limited attempts. It will tell you if this stage completes correctly.

11. Now you are basically done so remove your battery charger, disconnect Lexia and check its safe to start the vehicle (no leads dangling in the engine bay etc) and your vehicle should start successfully.

12. If it starts, I would strongly suggest re-opening Lexia and doing another global scan to check for faults and then re-checking all configurations and alter any if required.

I hope this helps people. All I would say is be aware you apparently only get one shot at the initial programming of the BSI so dont walk away and leave it and come back later- do it all in one hit and allow plenty of time just in case.

pj1985
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to pj1985 for this post:
  • brajomobil, dagwood, Dan Clark, jj9, Shawks

Messages In This Thread
How to program a virginised BSI - by pj1985 - 19-12-2015, 05:21 PM