Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[For Sale] 2004 Multispace Desire 2.0HDi
After nearly 6 years, it looks like it's time to say goodbye to my Berlingo. It's got a full service history, had a timing belt at 85k miles in 2013 (it's now done 123456 miles - really!) Aux belt was done Xmas time 2014, it also had new pads and discs then, and a new strut and spring on the drivers side, and a new driveshaft on the left side - it had had a strut and spring on that side a couple of months before. 

It's got MOT until 29th October. It passed with no advisories . Since then I've serviced it (It gets a service after every MOT as a treat if it passes), changed the oil again about 2 months ago with a new filter and replaced the drop links. I've also replaced the washer pump, unblocked the rear washer, fitted new wiper blades all round and Osram nightbreaker headlight bulbs.  I also removed the underseat plugs for the seatbelt pre-tensioners and soldered the wires together as I got bored of the airbag light coming on! Pollen filter changed in October last year.

It's in decent condition with a few normal scrapes and dings as you'd expect for the age. Nothing serious though - the worst is pictured, where someone with a red car obviously bumped it slightly. I shall add interior pics tomorrow, but it's clean and tidy.

Stereo - Pioneer head unit with CD/MP3 and aux-in, working with the original stalk controls.
Sony front and rear speakers fitted behind original grilles, as the originals were horrid.
Aircon works properly.
Black Alloy wheels, unkerbed, with 4 matching Yokohama tyres on. Rears are good, fronts have another 5000 miles in them.

REMAPPED by hdi-tuning.co.uk, a stage 1 map, 122bhp, 202lb/ft. It's vastly, vastly improved over standard IMO - especially for overtaking and pulling out into faster moving traffic on the motorway, it just *goes*, no need to plan in advance, or change down, just toe it, and it goes.  

Bad bits :

Horn push on steering wheel doesn't work. Got fed up of fighting with it, horn now works on a push-button down by the driver's right knee. MOT'd for two years like this.

Rear passenger sliding door no longer opens from the inside. It's been like this 2 years too. As we have a 6 year old son, I never bothered repairing it as it was not an MOT failure, and it acts as an unforgettable child-lock.

The modutop storage doors in the back - the hinges have broken. I've repaired them by fashioning something (pics attached) out of white cable ties. It works, and doesn't look awful.

It's on a private plate, which will be removed before sale. 

Reason for sale - well, I'm not really sure!  My wife's just got a Peugeot 207, and it's so much quieter and more refined to drive, and we don't actually need such a useful tool as a Berlingo now, so I might as well pass it on to someone who does, and get a smaller car for myself.

I'll add more interior pics to the thread tomorrow..

I have the spare key, all the paperwork and history. 

£1550 ono. If it makes that , I'll get it professionally valeted and the interior steam cleaned before collection, included in the price.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
2004 Multispace Desire 2.0HDi - by Growler73 - 17-07-2016, 01:31 AM