Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Rusty sump!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2002 2.0hdi.

On changing the oil this time, noticed the sump is very rusty and flaky.

Obviously in need of replacing, who's the online supplier of choice these days? and is it possible anyone knows the part number to help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Steve
As long as it hasn't gone porous, i.e. leaking oil, why not just wire brush and paint???
(08-07-2011, 02:27 PM)andy-womble Wrote: [ -> ]As long as it hasn't gone porous, i.e. leaking oil, why not just wire brush and paint???

The risk is, if it's really rusty, the wire brush might cause holes!

But I'll take a chance with underseal on it see if it lasts a bit longer until I can source a replacement.
0301 K2 with A/C

0301 J7 without A/C

Apologies ! The above are for the Mk2. Correct No's for the Mk1 below

0301 H9 with A/C

0301 F3 to RPO 08364 then 0301 J9 without A/C
thanks Coco, I'll make a note of that for if/when it fails.
Replaced mine last June OE citroen part. Why dont they supply them painted or galvenised?

Rubbed the new one down with course paper and gave it a good 5-6 coats of Hamerite smooth spray.

Still as good as new a year later
Not to go off topic but when I read your post title "Rusty sump" I literally nearly fell out of my chair laughing. That was just the way I was feeling at the time. My rib muscles are still sore.
Waxoyl is the answer.Just rub loose rust off with handbrush,then paint on the waxoyl.2 or 3 thin applications are better than 1 thick coat.I do the same to my tailbox & it doubles the life.
Got some black stone chip paint with built in rust inhibiter, it shall be my job for next weekend.