Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Citroen Berlingo 1.6 HDi Van for spares of repair
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. I'm selling my Berlingo 1.6 600 HDi X 75 van for spares or repair if anyone is interested.

I've owned this van since March 2013, during my 15 months of ownership I've covered 110,000 miles taking the mileage to 198,325.

The van has been running perfectly until just over 3 weeks ago when at 195,420 miles I noticed the coolant header tank contained oil. This was diagnosed as a faulty oil cooler, the coolant system was flushed and a replacement oil cooler was fitted. The same symptoms re-occured at 198,325 however this time it appears that due to the extra pressure that the oil mixing with the coolant has put on the coolant system it may have caused a coolant hose to split and this has resulted in oil leaking and being sprayed up the sill/side panel on the drivers side of the van. My garage seem unsure why the fault has re-ocurred, but suspect there may be an underlying problem such as a blown head gasket or cracked block. Due to the mileage on the vehicle and the fact I need to be mobile soon so I can work it is not viable for me to have it repaired.

During my ownership the vehicle has been serviced by myself with oil changes carried out at the recommended intervals using Total Quartz Ineo ECS 5W30 oil. It's only visit to a garage has been for this particular problem. Prior to my ownership the service book shows it was serviced regularly by an independent garage.

The bodywork is in good condition for age/mileage. A new battery was fitted when I bought the van so it will have plenty of life left in it. It has four good tyres and the spare is in reasonable condition. There is a small scrape on the front bumper offside corner and the fuel cap cover is missing, though I do have a replacement that I can throw in with the sale, which is primed but needs spraying the correct colour to match. There is also a stone chip on the passenger side of windscreen, this has been repaired and passed the last MOT without an advisory but the scar is still visible.

The interior is in fairly good condition and is fairly clean and tidy. The drivers seat does suffer from a slight sag which is a common issue on this vehicle and there are a couple of light marks on the passenger seat.

This van would be ideal for someone who has the time and space to tinker around with it. It may simply be the case that another oil cooler and a very thorough clean out of the coolant system (together with replacing radiator and EGR cooler) is all that's needed to get this van running perfectly again.

If you want to see photos it's listed on ebay click here to view.

If you're interested please bear in mind that you must be able to collect van from Blackpool and you will need a recovery truck/trailer/towing dolly as the van cannot be driven.

PM me if interested, no reasonable offer will be refused.