Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Berlingo won't start p1689
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Foot slipped off the clutch on this 1.9 2003 berlingo van when taking off in first gear and it cut out and now it won't start
Eml light is on and code p1689 is the only code I can see
Anyone know the reason for this not starting?
Engine will turn over and new battery installed only a month ago
Primed up the diesel and checked all the fuses
No help here as lexia doesn't use p-codes, the code refers To a communication issue between ecu and coded start solenoid it would seem (that's how I interpret it anyway, but I use lexia which is main dealer fault codes not generic p-codes)

Easy way around it is remove the solenoid from the pump, made harder by the security cover around it, and just fit 12v Lucas cav solenoid

Easy way to find out is to crack an injector pipe union and crank it, if diesel waxes out it's not that, sorry I can't be of more help...
Googled " p1689 Berlingo "....Oil Pressure Control Solenoid Circuit Malfunction
(10-07-2014, 07:25 PM)taxi Wrote: [ -> ]Googled " p1689 Berlingo "....Oil Pressure Control Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

would that stop it from starting?
Yes it will, it's the solenoid (if I'm correct in a bit of research) that stops the engine when it's released by shutting diesel off, if it goes wrong it will not unlock correctly and let diesel flow again, think of it as your immobiliser as that's exactly what it's doing, if it can't see the correct signal then it'll never start due to lack of diesel
(11-07-2014, 05:40 PM)dumdum Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it will, it's the solenoid (if I'm correct in a bit of research) that stops the engine when it's released by shutting diesel off, if it goes wrong it will not unlock correctly and let diesel flow again, think of it as your immobiliser as that's exactly what it's doing, if it can't see the correct signal then it'll never start due to lack of diesel

Ok thx I'll try replacing it today
As it happened on a hard stall, is there an inertia switch that has activated? Just a thought.
No switch that I can find. Any idea where it would be
Also fitted new oil pressure switch and didn't solve it
RAC website has questions etc on that error code.
Can't find anything in the rac website...