Berlingo Forum

Full Version: MFD staying lit or lighting at strange times.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my 2006 1.9D is playing up . noticed it the other night , i have 2 of these - 1 had a completely dark dash - the other had a bright orange MFD - 10pm at night , the car hadnt moved all weekend.

Checked all doors were shut etc still no change - pulled the bulbs.

went out the yesterday 7am - put a bulb in - still lit.

After work 4.30pm - put a bulb in - not lit.

10pm last night it was lit again - reset the BSI via pulling the battery leads etc.

wired it all back up - bulbs still lit.

any ideas ? next step will be removing the BSI to check for water damage/shorts and the wiring for damage - just wondering if anyone has experianced this before , all my searching leads to folk having issues keeping them working - not getting them off.

Cheers.

i should add - these have stock filament bulbs in - not LEDS. - i can understand LED current creep if it was LEDs in place.

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2119

was searching the wrong terms - "central display" seems to have yielded a result - will pull the radio tonight and fish about with the meter and see what i have.
Have you made any modifications to your lingo , new radio for example?

Have you done a proper bsi reset not just pulled the battery leads? (Google bsi reset)
Naw no radio still stock, cant bare to part with my stalk controls.

Think i have it sussed now. - well the lights are out.

Pulled the mfd out , and pulled the radio out.

Seemed to have constant 12 volts where i should have ignition live.

Traced back to the fuse pulled it out seemed good , put it back . Lights went out.

They have stayed out.but for how long who knows !

Aye full bsi - same way i do on the pug when its not behaving.
Screams short to me.
Me to but i wouldnt have expected pulling the fuse to have put it out. - i should add that afterwards when i checked out the wiring i had ignition live where i needed it and i had perminant 12 where i needed it.

Will keep an eye out tonight see if it lights up again .
it lit up again - and got worse - it was lit perminantly

it was a faulty MFD

i got one out of my other mk2 and put this one in that car - it lit up. the one from that car into the broken car worked absolutely fine.

bought another off ebay , fitted it - worked fine. .