Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Help needed please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2001 Mk1 1.9 D Engine Code DW8B (WJY)

A couple of days ago I forgot to let the glow plug light go out when starting from cold.   By the time I realised I was not starting my 407 HDi the Berlingo had started, but the seat belt warning light was flashing, and has stayed flashing ever since. (Pulled the fuse to stop it annoying me)

I've plugged the Berlingo in Diagbox this morning to see faults are there.  Quite a few I have erased, and will leave it a few miles to see if they come back.

Two however I cannot delete.

BSI fault

[Image: BSIFault_zpscefc2767.jpg]

Seat Belt Fault

[Image: SeatBeltFault_zpsced516e7.jpg]

I cannot seem to get the P**** code for these faults, don't know what I'm doing wrong in Diagbox, used to Planet/Lexia.

This car does not have the comms units, just normal indicator and wash/wipe stalks, and it does not have air conditioning.

Many thanks for any suggestions to point me in the right directions.

Malcolm.

(31-10-2014, 11:18 AM)malgpz900 Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot seem to get the P**** code for these faults, don't know what I'm doing wrong in Diagbox, used to Planet/Lexia.

You don't have P**** code because those codes are specific for Citroen and are not standard OBD codes.

Please do a BSI reset procedure. After that check the switch under the seat, they are known to get loose.

For evaporator I hope it is the BSI reset issue....
The evaporator sensor fault is only applicable if you have Air conditioning , you can safely ignore it. As for the set belt fault it senses that the seat belt trigger is not connected. Reconnect and make sure its a sound connection as they can suffer from dirt/corrosion.
Many thanks for suggestions.

I checked the plug/socket under the drivers seat, cleaning it with electrical contact cleaner.  It then got dark.  I will check the connection to the trigger this weekend.

I will also carry out a BSI reset and see if that clears the Evaporator sensor fault.  I will also plug it back into Lexia and see if the other faults that cleared have stayed away.

Malcolm. 
(03-11-2014, 07:12 PM)malgpz900 Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for suggestions.

I checked the plug/socket under the drivers seat, cleaning it with electrical contact cleaner.  It then got dark.  I will check the connection to the trigger this weekend.

I will also carry out a BSI reset and see if that clears the Evaporator sensor fault.  I will also plug it back into Lexia and see if the other faults that cleared have stayed away.

Malcolm. 

Did a BSI reset at the weekend, cleaned all of the contacts under the seat, but warning light still flashing.

Anyone any ideas where to go next.

Many thanks,

Malcolm.
(13-11-2014, 05:49 PM)malgpz900 Wrote: [ -> ]Did a BSI reset at the weekend, cleaned all of the contacts under the seat, but warning light still flashing.
Many thanks,
Malcolm.
Then you pretensioner is bad. You can put 3.3ohm resistor just to confirm that is is really bad.
Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr16a5IPIGw
(17-11-2014, 09:29 AM)brajomobil Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-11-2014, 05:49 PM)malgpz900 Wrote: [ -> ]Did a BSI reset at the weekend, cleaned all of the contacts under the seat, but warning light still flashing.
Many thanks,
Malcolm.
Then you pretensioner is bad. You can put 3.3ohm resistor just to confirm that is is really bad.
Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr16a5IPIGw

Yeah seen that video.  Got 3.3 k ohm resistor. Job for the weekend.
Just a quick update.  I spent a couple of hours at the weekend getting to the bottom of my seat belt warning light being permanently on.  Cleaned all of the connectors under the seats and at the sear belt ECU. The warning light now works as it should.  Big Grin Big Grin

Malcolm.
Double check whether you need a 3.3 ohm resistor or a 3.3 k resistor as there is 1,000x difference between the two!
Sorted now as in my previous post. Did not need resistor to test.
Malcolm