Berlingo Forum

Full Version: mileometer, speedo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,picked van up from airport last night and speedo and mileage display stopped working,would I be right in my old farts assumption that unlike the good old days it won't be a speedo cable nowadays :-)...........

Oh,and if it's a help to a possible cause,it's not as sharp as usual,the goes all but gone,would the two be linked as when first leaving airport it was as quick as ever,then speedo and digital mileage stopped and it's like limp mode but no warning lights,no noises or smoke etc?? 
As a fellow old fart,it sounds like an earthing/electrics prob as you rightly assume there is no cable.Oh for the simple life.What was wrong with steam? Big Grin
Does some of the engine management work of work off the speedo reading that's why it's gone in to limp mode ?
There's nothing  wrong with steam i usually steamed on a Saturday night and i have an old boiler  Smile
I'm having the speed sensor on top of gearbox replaced Saturday,guy at Citroën told him it's a common fault,he wouldn't say if it could be connected to the power delivery but it sends a signal to bsi unit (what ever that is) so maybe so,I'll post back when I know anything,ta for the replies.Ian.
Fitted the new sensor,all back working,now I can relax..........and breathhhhhhh :-)
Smile  Glad you have it sorted not to much money i hope
£80 and it'll go through my books,it has to be done though :-)