Berlingo Forum

Full Version: engine change not starting HELP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm new on here and was wondering if anybody could help, I'm in france and my injector pump stopped working. I had it recovered and the mechanic said it would be 1000 euros for a new one . I managed to buy another english van out here that has been in an accident but the engine runs fine for a 100euros . They are both 1.9 diesels with with lucas injector pumps the one I'm fixing is a multispace and the other one is a van.I've changed the engine as i thought this would be easier than changing the injector pump but when i went to start it it would not fire. i have fuel going to the injector pump and returning from the pump but no fuel going to the injectors.I presume its down to the solenoid in the injector pump or an immobiliser any help would be appreciated as I'm going back to England soon as I'm on holiday.
Thanks, Sam
Hi Sam,

Depending on age it may have a immobiliser type solenoid on the pump, if it has it will have an armoured plate covering the solenoid.

If this is the case you will need to remove the pump and remove the armoured plate, you can then fit a standard solenoid doing away with the immobiliser or fit the solenoid from your old pump.

Do a search on this forum http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=3 for de-armouring rotary pump.
(28-01-2015, 08:34 PM)polar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Sam,

Depending on age it may have a immobiliser type solenoid on the pump, if it has it will have an armoured plate covering the solenoid.

If this is the case you will need to remove the pump and remove the armoured plate, you can then fit a standard solenoid doing away with the immobiliser or fit the solenoid from your old pump.

Do a search on this forum http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=3 for de-armouring rotary pump.

Thank you for your reply I've done a search but no results is there any where eles i can look
cheers
thank you this is very helpful
o.k after seeing the video about removing the armoured plate which seems like a lot of drama as I've got both vehicles how about changing all the relevant electrical components? would that be feasible and if so which components would I need to change and where are they?
It the fuel stop solenoid out of the old pump you need to fit into the new pump.