Berlingo Forum

Full Version: painting panels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,i have a mk2 lingo,it's a light metallic blue colour,and i am thinking of spraying all around the bottom mouldings of the car,the long lumpy bits on the door,bottom of the back door,and grille area like they've done on certain models in vinyl,is there a spray paint i can use that will give this orange peel effect ?? thanks in advance MUCKER Big Grin
I think there is a paint like under seal but can be spayed over called body sholts that will give the orange peel effect 
In the trade it's called 'stone chip'

It is a thick rubbery kind of paint, that stones and other road debris is supposed to bounce of without 'chipping' through to the bare metal underneath
It stays flexible and shouldn't crack or peel like the black underbody tar like stuff (underseal) can do with age
It is designed to be suitable for overpainting if you want to as it is a matt finish

You can buy it in aerosol cans from places like Halfords - see here as an example
If you want paint specifically,you can produce "orange peel" effect from the gun.As any bad sprayer will tell you.Slow spray & thickish paint is needed.No I am not a bad sprayer. Big Grin
thank you all for your input,i am going to have a go when the weather gets warmer,when finished i'll try and upload the fotos,if i can figure it out how to do it. cheers, my mucker