Berlingo Forum

Full Version: servicing progress - thanks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As it was a sunny day, I decided to take courage into both hands and do some servicing with my OEM Citroen filters from Howards of Taunton.

Air filter - a bit long winded, but in the end I took all the plastic ducting off from the inlet (left front). This left the filter to come away and much easier to change the filters. Memo to self for next time. Don't forget the little grey support H piece, as it means you have to take everything to pieces again :brickwall:

Next the oil filter.

I have an American version of the Pela suction device, and used it to extract 3.0 l of old oil via the level hole; The undid the oil filter, and swapped it over without spilling any old black stuff on the ground. I refilled with Halford's 1-40 semi synthetic, using 3.25 l, and the level is now quite a bit over the top mark. I may remove 0.5l tomorrow to be careful.

Pollen filter. Again the forum provided the answer, and I dealt with the filter box in the passenger footwell area.

I am happy with working on LandRovers and tractors, but this is the first time I have DIYed a modern car. Thanks for all the support advice and help.

Really pleased.
Nice one , I am going to have a go next weekend with the addition of the fuel filter.Confusedalut:
How much oil did you remove if its overfilled by only adding 3.25 liters of fresh stuff?
I can confirm that the PELA sadly does not extract all the oil. I changed mine this morning and there is more than 500ml left in the 5 litre oil bottle. It's not graduated so I'm sorry but I can't give you precise figures but I estimate 1.5 litres.

The oil is still black. (Well it is a diesel)

I don't mind as this was just an interim change anyway, but next time I will have to dig the ramps out.