Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Light coming on on it's own whilst driving or parked...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys,

I need some advise, just yesterday my berlingo 2-0 hdi started to swicth the main light on it's own, sometimes when we drive or when parked...whilst driving , the indicator doesn't seem to work unless you correctly switch the light on ( by turning it..)

When we switch the car off, take the key out of the ignition they just seem to "turn" themselves on and when you open the door the alarm to let you know that you have left your light on start beeping and yet the light are not on...you then need to "play" a little bit with the switch for it to stop....

I hope my explanation/ description of the problem makes sense!!!!

Any ideas on what could cause this? I am afraid to come one day to find the battery flat although when the key is not in the ignition i don't think it actually turn the light on...

Thanks for looking.

Franck
More confused now than when I first read this......
Before it started playing up had you done anything to the electrics ie disconnected battery or fitted/changed something?????????
(25-06-2015, 08:59 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote: [ -> ]Before it started playing up had you done anything to the electrics ie disconnected battery or fitted/changed something?????????

no nothing at all
(25-06-2015, 08:45 PM)andy-womble Wrote: [ -> ]More confused now than when I first read this......

Hi andy..

basically the light come on without touching anything..so probably a bad connection...
I think the light switch it self is worn you could need a new switch
(25-06-2015, 09:18 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote: [ -> ]I think the light switch it self is worn you could need a new switch

hi,

is this an expensive part and is it easy to change?

thanks
Comm 2000 unit or failing battery would be my guess.