Berlingo Forum

Full Version: swap seats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, i have searched but cannot find any info on changing drivers/front seats. I would like to try and find better seats, are there any other vehicles that have seats that can fit with a little work or straight swaps ?
I am sure i read something on here before but cannot find it.
Failing that its off to scrap car centre, sllight problem with that is i am in France so the French passenger seat will be my uk car drivers side.......there is no pre tensioner on passenger side on my van, 2003 HDi, so can i retro fit one to a french passenger seat ?
hope this isnt too confusing lol...i'm confused writing it and i know what i mean......
regards
hugh.
just use your slider uk base and put French top of the seat on it.
search the net 306 seats fit with some handy fingers.
Cheers daywalker,will have a look. As to pre tensioner seat belt the receiver would be wrong way round ? Coming from french left hooker ?
Hugh
mines a 58 plate van and ive been wondering about a possible seat change,been a courier my bums on it all day and they dont seem comfy after time, any particular year/model of 306,do you need to do much technical stuff to get them in ?? cheers....Ian

(07-07-2015, 04:27 PM)daywalker072 Wrote: [ -> ]just use your slider uk base and put French top of the seat on it.
Any seat you find comfy can be made to fit with just making new brackets, relatively simple work.

Due to spinal injury I fitted a new Rover CityRover seat to my MK2 van and it has been an absolute boon for me.
Actually the Cityrover may have been a ropey car in many ways ( I owned one ) but the seats were really good quality.

The benefit of fitting a seat and making your own brackets is that you can adjust seat height and rake to suit your body.

I also used the opportunity to ensure the seat was moved inwards ( towards the passenger seat ) such that the steering wheel was central to the drivers body and not offset like a standard vehicle.

Somewhere on the Forum is a before and after photograph.

Edit : I actually fitted a pair of seats
I've found my posting with photograph if it is of assistance, please look here ...................

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/thread-10...+cityrover
(07-07-2015, 05:57 PM)gibson24600 Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers daywalker,will have a look. As to pre tensioner seat belt the receiver would be wrong way round ? Coming from french left hooker ?
Hugh

yes but thats also on the slider base if present not ?
(09-07-2015, 09:13 PM)ians_lingo Wrote: [ -> ]mines a 58 plate van and ive been wondering about a possible seat change,been a courier my bums on it all day and they dont seem comfy after time, any particular year/model of 306,do you need to do much technical stuff to get them in ?? cheers....Ian

(07-07-2015, 04:27 PM)daywalker072 Wrote: [ -> ]just use your slider uk base and put French top of the seat on it.

google search is your friend.................as i said before .