Berlingo Forum

Full Version: No dash lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just had a new clutch put in my 2001 Berlingo and now there's no lights or anything on the dashboard - no speedo, fuel gauge, temp gauge, click for indicator etc. Any ideas please? Idea
If they worked before the clutch change take it back to who did the work and get them to sort it. If not possible look at all cables and wires that have been removed or altered. Shut everything down disconnect the battery wait ten minutes then do a bsi reset. Check that your battery is fully charged as the garage may have had the radio on all day while they changed the clutch and flattened it. Check all earth straps from engine to chassis.
Search the forum on how to do a bsi reset.
Good luck.
(19-08-2015, 07:20 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote: [ -> ]If they worked before the clutch change take it back to who did the work and get them to sort it. If not possible look at all cables and wires that have been removed or altered. Shut everything down  disconnect the battery wait ten minutes then do a bsi reset. Check that your battery is fully charged as the garage may have had the radio on all day while they changed the clutch and flattened it. Check all earth straps from engine to chassis.
Search the forum on how to do a bsi reset.
Good luck.

Thanks. The car is still at the garage but he was at a loss as to what was wrong. I'll tell him what you've said tomorrow. Cross fingers.
You or they have left so wire's disconnected or pinch them also check the fuse's
I'm guessing they screwed up the two big, round connectors for the loom at the front of the engine compartment as they're pretty close to the area they've been messing around in.