Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Stereo replacement irritation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks
I've just had to change the stereo after the volume kept going up to MAXXXXX, the new sony DAB is in and sort of working, BUT it keeps resetting all my selections and the time a few minutes after the ignition is turned off.

I've been back to Halfords and they have had a good poke about today but the issue remains, is this an issue with the ignition perhaps or the wiring?
It's an issue with Halfords really. They don't know what they are doing. If yours is a later BSI model, the problem you have is the BSI going to sleep and switching off the permanent power to the memory. You will need to rig up a supply that doesn't sleep when the BSI shuts down. Earlier models could be fixed by swapping the yellow and red leads over.
I'm going to sound really thick but what is a BSI model
The BSI is a computer system fitted in Berlingos since 2000, which handles a lot of 'integration' and communication in the car.
I would have thought the BSI would still maintain a permanent live feed to radio?

Isn't it just a case of swapping the permanent live feed and switched feed? But then I would have expected Halfords to spot that? Have you got a multimeter to check permanent and switched feed?