Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Heated door mirror removal and refit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

Some numpty finally knocked my already cracked driver's door mirror off my 2009 Berlingo van (it seems to have been a target for other road users since Christmas with 3 direct hits - yes, I WAS on my side of the road).
I've ordered a new replacement part (heated, electric adjustment, complete mirror housing) which is due tomorrow. 
I've removed the internal plastic cover, disconnected both cable connectors and loosened the one screw. There are two metal rods or covers with rubber grommets at their bases which seem to hold the mirror in place. 
The question is ...... how do I now remove the mirror? I'm not sure if these are simply pushed through into the door or held in place in some other way. They are plain (not threaded) metal shrouds, no other nuts/screws (other than one already mentioned).
The photos of the replacement part shows four of these plus the thread to take the screw. I haven't remove the door panel yet, so I'm expecting the other two to be behind the very top of the this.
Any suggestions on removal of mirror unit please?!
I'm thinking of putting reflective tape on the new one as the old mirror seemed to be invisible to a lot of motorists passing me!
Unless anyone knows of a Bond DB5 wheel spike style accessory for Berlingo mirrors?!

Thanks
Not sure how similar the van is to a multispace but if similar then you need to remove the black plastic cover on the inside of the window and partially remove the covering at the top of the inside door. That'll let you get at the screws holding it on. I had to do mine about 18 months ago as a piece of lumber extended out of a passing truck and completely knocked mine off. Not a big job.
(08-02-2016, 08:27 AM)3rensho Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how similar the van is to a multispace but if similar then you need to remove the black plastic cover on the inside of the window and partially remove the covering at the top of the inside door.  That'll let you get at the screws holding it on.  I had to do mine about 18 months ago as a piece of lumber extended out of a passing truck and completely knocked mine off.  Not a big job.

Yep, figured it out thanks.
Had a look this morning (ran out of time and daylight yesterday). Had thought fittings were above line of door panel top, but can now see two other screws.
Having recently serviced my Berlingo for first time and seeing just where they placed the airbox, I'm a bit sceptical of even the basics on it now for accessibility etc.
(08-02-2016, 08:27 AM)3rensho Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how similar the van is to a multispace but if similar then you need to remove the black plastic cover on the inside of the window and partially remove the covering at the top of the inside door.  That'll let you get at the screws holding it on.  I had to do mine about 18 months ago as a piece of lumber extended out of a passing truck and completely knocked mine off.  Not a big job.

Had a look this morning (ran out of time and daylight yesterday). Had thought fittings were above line of door panel top, but can now see two other screws.
Having recently serviced my Berlingo for first time and seeing just where they placed the airbox, I'm a bit sceptical of even the basics on it now for accessibility etc.