Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Retro Fitting Cruise Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know this has all been done before but I was hoping I could post pictures of my clutch and throttle pedal switches and somebody could confirm that:
A - I have the right pedal switches
B - Can I go for the speed limiter or do I have the wrong throttle switch?

By the way, 2010 basic Berlingo Multispace.

[Image: Throttle%20Pedal%20switch.jpg]
Throttle Switch

[Image: Clutch%20Pedal%20Switch.jpg]

Clutch Pedal Switch

Many thanks
I have had another read through and I think that if I wanted speed limiter I would need to change the Throttle Control. I don't know where that is and it sounds expensive. Any ideas anybody? If not I will just go with cruise control.
Your best bet is send a pm to Lighty he may be able to help you out.
You can always buy the stalk with the limiter. If you have the right equipment, when you activate with lexia, it will work. If not then only cruise control will work...The price for the stalk is not very different, with or without limiter.

For the limiter to work you will need to have fitted the kick down button/switch that stays on the floor of the car and can be activated by fully pressing the accelerator pedal... If you have this switch, it is probable that you can make both systems work.
For the limiter to work you will need to have fitted the kick down button/switch that stays on the floor of the car and can be activated by fully pressing the accelerator pedal... If you have this switch, it is probable that you can make both systems work.

Don't think I have got this. Presumably I would see something on the floor of the car if I had one fitted?
Buy the stalk with limiter the cost is not that much different to without.It will need programming in but most dealers will do this for a charge.
The speed limiter however needs a new accelerater unit which will cost you about £100 plus programming.
If you have the right stalk you could fit the limiter at a later date if you think you need it. The cruise control is worth having but I can't see the value of the speed limiter.
I have been checking out eBay to buy a cruise control stalk. The adverts that let you check if the item will be suitable for your own car all tell me that they are not suitable for mine? I have noticed that some of the part numbers do differ.

I have a 2010 Multispace. Can anybody tell me what model of what make will fit and work?
(01-03-2016, 02:19 PM)old son Wrote: [ -> ]I have been checking out eBay to buy a cruise control stalk. The adverts that let you check if the item will be suitable for your own car all tell me that they are not suitable for mine? I have noticed that some of the part numbers do differ.

I have a 2010 Multispace. Can anybody tell me what model of what make will fit and work?

I bought 6242Z9 part directly from a Peugeot dealer, brand new...It costed around 80€. This reference is without speed limiter. With speed limiter the reference is 6242Z8.

I installed it originally in my 2005 Pug 307SW. Before selling the car I removed it, and reinstalled it on my "new" 2011 Partner Tepee. So the same part fitted 2 different cars separated in time by 6 years...
[/quote]
I bought 6242Z9 part directly from a Peugeot dealer, brand new...It costed around 80€. This reference is without speed limiter. With speed limiter the reference is 6242Z8.
[/quote]

Many thanks, very helpful
[/quote]

Many thanks, very helpful
[/quote]

Hi, i bought the one with speed limiter on 6242Z8 for just over £13 off Ali express and programmed in with no problems on a 2009 Berlingo Tho limiter does not work, if I need to limit my speed it can be done with cruise control as you set it for the speed you want and keep foot off acellerator(lol) I have lexia and live in Ipswich if needed
Pages: 1 2