Berlingo Forum

Full Version: HELP! can't get correct gear link rod for 1.6 16v petrol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hoping someone on here can help or has experience of this issue. One of the smaller gear link rods has failed on my 2001 1.6 16v petrol model. I sourced the "correct" part from the local dealership - 2454 F5 - but it doesnt fit. The ends are 10mm and the ball joints on my linkage are 13mm on both ends. As far as i can tell, the linkage parts are original (unless the whole system was replaced with something non-standard when the car was virtually new...).
Dealers (both Citroen and Peugeot) have checked part listings for me but nothing has turned up. AEP were very helpful and checked a dozen or so different parts; but all had 10mm ends.

Has anyone come across this before? Is there a part of the same dimensions for another vehicle with 13mm ends i can source...?

Obviously i could replace more parts or the whole system - but I'm loathe to go to that expense when all i need is a £20 bit of meccano!
Years ago I had similar problem on my vw. Ended up cutting in half link rod.
Then threaded the ends . Put coupling nut with additional 2 nuts at the end of coupling nut.
Nut "sandwich" . With this design you can extend/shorten rod as you desire.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steel-Stud-Con...1953325186

But if you have problem with 13mm ball end. Then I don't have solution for that....

Best regards,
brajomobil
I've replaced a few of the linkages on mine and my niece's car and never seen any different sizes. Are you saying that someone may have replaced the gearbox linkage for some with bigger ball ends ? You could search google or ebay for gas strut end fittings and make your own from threaded bar.