Berlingo Forum

Full Version: DV6ATED4 1.6hdi engine oil choice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

According to the chart I have, there are two recommend oils for my car.

Total Quartz 9000 5W40
Total Quartz INEO ECS 5W30

There's not much difference in price (£1 per litre)

So the simple question i have is which is better and why ?

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/576afc78a06f...df583b.pdf

Mark
What is in the link you have above, will it want to download tapatalk onto my computer ???

Isn't the Ineo oil a more up to date oil ?

edit : buy the oil online much cheaper !
Hi Geoff,

The link is the PSA chart with the oil recommendations, as far as I know they don't do a computer app, when I attached the file it said this forum didn't want to host the file and they would host it for other members to download ( if they want) .

I'm not familiar with these oils, so I don't know which is more recent.

Online 9000 is £20 delivered and Ineo £25 delivered

I'm not worried about the price, engine / turbo protection is my priority.

I've read reports that the thinner oil makes the engine noise louder and that the protection was not as good,

Any thoughts anyone ?

Mark
Had a Google and the Ineo is the next generation of the 9000, not heard about noise etc ... I use the Ineo and I'm fussy with an ear that listens for things in my sleep, any noise and I want to know what it is.
Total Quartz INEO ECS 5W30
Thanks Guys

Mark
The Quartz ineo is low saps oil so is required on cars with dpf. The mk3 XTR 110bhp was the only car fitted with a dpf from introduction in 2008. the 90 & 75bhp engines did not have them until about 2010, I think. However, as pointed out Quartz ineo is the recommended oil nowadays & it is what my Cit garage uses so I would go with the ineo 5w 30.
This is what I use great price from Euro parts the 5 litre version
According to Lube Match on Shell Oil website correct oil is Shell Helix Ultra Professional AP-L 5W-30 & not the oil in your picture which is Shell Helix Ultra ECT C3 5W-30. Or did you post the wrong picture?
A low ash 5w30 that meets spec is fine, we used to use dexos 2 from Vauxhall unless the customer had special requirements
Pages: 1 2 3