Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Millers Eco Max
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just bought a new bottle of Millers and noticed it is quite a different colour.  Anyone else noticed this or have I just got a 'dodgy' bottle.  If not, I hope they've not changed anything else about it and that it still works as well as it always has done.

Mark.

[attachment=3127]
My new bottle of stuff was lighter colour than the old bottle colour,???, same as yours in the pic
(04-08-2016, 03:15 PM)doofer Wrote: [ -> ]It's made from lighter coloured snakes ;-)

Of course - I feel a bit stupid for asking now .....
(04-08-2016, 03:52 PM)MarkT Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2016, 03:15 PM)doofer Wrote: [ -> ]It's made from lighter coloured snakes ;-)

Of course - I feel a bit stupid for asking now .....

The only stupid person is the person who does not ask the question
(04-08-2016, 08:15 PM)doofer Wrote: [ -> ]I was dissing Millers, not you!

Snake Oil

Actually, it's probably that the colour of the Asda diesel that they fill the bottles with that has changed.  Before they add a bit of smelly stuff of course.

Absolutely no offence taken by me, doofer - just my poor attempt at humour.

As for this snake oil, looks like good stuff - might look into getting some.
I had to look up what was being discussed as I'd never heard of it!

This is something I found http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/33...aste-money

I used to use Slick50 in my bikes until several mechanics told me it was a waste of money. Does anyone see any measurable improvements using additives?
A lot of big fleets are now using Millars they ask the bulk fuel people they are in contract with to add it at source. scientific tests done by the IRTE and milbrooks research team have proven less smoke and slight increase in mpg, between 2 and 4 mpg extra when your trucks are only doing 9 mpg as standard is a lot! How do i know this although retired now i am still a member of the IRTE and IENG. Shell add their own version to their diesel+ and the fleets using that stuff report the same benefits as the fleets using Millars.

I use the stuff in everything i have owned and have found it does help to stop smoking diesels, my relay smoked when i purchased it with 80k on the clock. I sold it with 150k on the clock and the guy that bought it said he had been looking for a good one for a year and inspected 50+ vans. He could not believe how clean the emissions were when reved.

My little Berlingo tends to do about 4mpg extra with no smoke and the engine feels smoother. Other diesel vehicles i use it in have had varying results but all had some benefit. The petrol version in my bikes over winter and it stops the fuel going off and the injectors gumming up. Friends and family who i have recommended it to have all found results like mine.

Snake oil?

Why dont you all try it and see?
Started using it in my Peugeot 407. The car seems to be running smoother. Dont know whether it's just wishful thinking.
Need to run it linger to see if any noticeable increase in fuel consumption.
Malcolm.
It's an interesting subject and and it gets raised now and again on the biking forums I frequent. There is never any resolution.

Some folks swear additives (oil and petrol) work for them, some say they've tried them and it makes no difference and the rest are sceptical and want documented proof.

Aarrggh.....
Millers ..... when I bought my 1.9d van it had been neglected somewhat and driving it home revealed a flat engine performance, I filled it up for the drive home and in that state it did 36 mpg on the motorway at a steady 55 mph ....
.. two days later I took a trip to West Wales at a steady 65 mph on the motorway with the only difference to the drive home being a generous slug of Millers ... filled up the other end to find a more realistic 42 mpg .... ( after this Millers made no further gains but a good service and timing belt took it up to a max of 48 mpg )

Other additives .. when driving a C15d van some years ago a friend insisted I try one of the Teflon based oil additives and so I did ..... now then on my daily drive to work I shared my van with a work colleague and a couple of miles into the journey he out of the blue made the remark that the van was running and sounding nice and then enquired if I hd done any work to it ! Proof enough for me that it wasn't just my own wishful thinking at work.

Certain additives can make a positive contribution but I for one won't make any wild claims and will only express my own experiences .... actually my current Berlingo a 1.6 Hdi likes a slug of Millers every now and again and with this vehicle I don't find any mpg difference only a more refined drive with less clatter on cold drive / start off - in this case my wife made the remark that " it " sounds better !

Any way each to their own brand of snake oil ......................................... or go faster stripes even !
Pages: 1 2