Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Filter clogging, diesel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had an issue with this in the past. I do drive more aggressively now.
I have a weekly supermarket visit of 14 miles round trip with a three mile bit of dual carriageway where I can push up to 70mph. Weekly I will have a 50 round mile trip and once month I could have a 100 mile or longer excursion to go hiking. Not likely to do more. Any more I can do.
What year and motor?? When's the last time the filter was changed and filter housing cleaned out? Are you buying your fuel from a dodgy source that might be contaminated? This info will help others give suggestions.
DPF, Air, Oil, Pollen, Diesel - Which filter?
The car is Multispace XTR Mk 3,2013 reg.
It was the diesel particulate dashboard message that came up some months back and after advice on here I do drive a bit harder.
I do change up when I see the little red triangle in the speedo but I think I did mostly that before any dashboard message.
I assume you mean dpf clogging? A monthly 50 mile round trip of fast , ie over 50mph driving should be more than adequate. What is the mileage? the bag of eolys fluid under right side of fuel tank lasts around 80k miles & if this is empty then light will come on. The bag can split though, dumping fluid on road for same effect. Look underneath, can you see any red gunge leaking out?
Mileage 12k. I do now drive a bit less like Aunt Daisy.
I don't think there is much else you can do Lakey, they sell these diesels as lovely clean machines that do wonderous miles to the gallon then expect us to thrash the pants off them just so that they operate correctly.

I love they way diesels drive, lazy, lots of torque etc. but unless you regularly do long motorway trips they suffer. The Berlingo hasn't had much in the way of a petrol alternative up to now but that may change if they get the new turbo petrol engines that PSA have developed and are starting to be used in the new C4 range of cars.