Berlingo Forum

Full Version: gearbox and back axle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello, my mark two van [ 06 reg ] is having trouble getting third gear,is it true they have trouble with this gearbox,is it cheaper to get a recon rather than fix the internals,who does gearbox parts.
The back axle is also not right,the near side wheel is touching the bodywork when the van is loaded,can you repair this or is this also a replacement option.
thanks
for any help
gary
Assuming this is a 1.6Hdi then I would have said that you've been a little unlucky as the g/boxes are not known to give problems.
I would think that as your other problem is load related that it's most likely to be a suspension problem.
When some of the more knowledgeable members pick up on your post you'll be able to get maybe some different opinions. HTH. :thumbsup:
thanks for that ,the engine is a 1.9 dw8b
(07-10-2011, 11:08 PM)walneyisland Wrote: [ -> ]hello, my mark two van [ 06 reg ] is having trouble getting third gear,is it true they have trouble with this gearbox,is it cheaper to get a recon rather than fix the internals,who does gearbox parts.
The back axle is also not right,the near side wheel is touching the bodywork when the van is loaded,can you repair this or is this also a replacement option.
thanks
for any help
gary

1.What kind of troubles dou you have with 3rd gear?
2. For UK this will be cheaper to replace rear suspension fully.

if you double de clutch it goes into gear easier,if not it cruntches
What engine, what gearbox in your Berlingo?
(10-10-2011, 08:40 AM)pk7478 Wrote: [ -> ]What engine, what gearbox in your Berlingo?

dw8 b engine not sure of gearbox code how do you tel diff and where is code on box
(10-10-2011, 09:23 AM)walneyisland Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2011, 08:40 AM)pk7478 Wrote: [ -> ]What engine, what gearbox in your Berlingo?

dw8 b engine not sure of gearbox code how do you tel diff and where is code on box

my mk1 van has been crunching into 3rd for this past 5 years approx. i tried heavier gear oil which was no use, i wouldnt bother fixing until necessary imo
Sounds like worn synchro.
Might be teaching you to suck eggs but have you changed/checked gear oil and break fluid. If not change the oil in gear box and add some wynns gearbox additive .
Pages: 1 2