Berlingo Forum

Full Version: New windscreen tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anything to look out for - say for example making sure the scuttle panel is fitted back and sealed correctly etc?

Only asking as I had a screen fitted to my focus once and the scuttle panel on that hadn't been sealed. As a result, it let water into the pollen filter and down into the footwell.

Don't want a BSI unit getting buggered if something isn't sealed back properly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well autoglass are here now - windscreen is identical so thats all good
A question about the windscreen: my 2011 Peugeot Partner tepee has a flaw, or a defect, that I would like to ask if it is common also for you with Pugs and citroens, all B9 models:
In cold weather, like it is now here in Germany, when the car freezes on the outside overnight, something happens on the inside of the windscreen that I dislike, and that I have not noticed in my previous car, in the same weather conditions (a Pug 307sw): there is a lot of water building up on the inside of the windscreeen, that much in fact that after heating the windscreen for a while with the blower, water droplets remain at the interior surface of the winscreen, and even gather in little streams that run down the glass, and only evaporate away after much longer times (20 minutes or more). Now for trying to avoid this I have left the switch which disables air input to the blower from the outside, but still get the same wet windscreen result...Can it be that something is not well and water tight in my windscreen? Do you also experience this wetness in freezing weather?
Luis, mine is the same - i put it down to having wet gear in the back from being out at sea. Also with mine being a Van, condensation is probably more apparent. Ironically, i gave the inside of my screen a good clean on Monday evening to stop this happening only for it to break on Tuesday!

You can by interior mist products that anti fog the screen - you may find that this works or reduces the problem.
I will look for such products, thanks!