Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Door handle issues after break in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, van got broken into and am having a nightmare trying to resolve it. Some little bas****s ripped the handle on the drivers side off. The barrell has disappeared, but somehow the lock still works. If i stick a finger into the hole where the barrell would have been, I can open the door, once ive unlocked it using the key fob. Ive dealt with this for a while, but man I do miss being able to use a handle! 

Essentially, ive taken the door card off, and the white polystyrene type stuff back and can now access the handle structure behind the door card. A garage swapped the passenger barrell over to the drivers side, so i could use the door and only struggle with passenger side as and when i needed to. happy days. or so I thought? After a couple of locks/unlocks, the passenger side barrell (now in driver side door) doesnt seem to unlock once I press unlock on key fob. So i have to go round the passenger side, open that door, lean across and open the driver door from the inside! Phenomenal ball ache. 

What i cant seem to work out is what do I need to replace to actually resolve the issue (other then going to citreon, getting new barrels and dropping several hundred quid on it) . Is there a solution here that I can do without paying a fortune or is that my only option? 

Cheers in advance
Buy any used barrel. Go to good locks smith and it will
modify your barrel to your key. It was like that in god
old days. You don't need to change every single barrel in car!
But maybe locks/barrels have changed in the mean time  Wink

Best regards,
brajomobil